Chapter Four: Cinderella.. Sort Of

I got through my apartment door and threw my keys on the counter. What did I just agree to? Where is Luca taking me? I slipped off my jacket and plopped myself on the couch. "Where the hell were you?" I was startled by Katie's voice. "Hey Katie." She looked at me funny, "You do know we were suppose to go job hunting togeth-..."

I interrupted Katie, "...-I got you your job back." Katie stared at me with her eyes open wide as an owl. "Wh-When-How?" I slicked back my hair, "I went to talk to Luca Salvatore and got your job back." Katie put her hand above her mouth, she seemed to be shocked, I think. "Esme! What did he say? What did you do? How about your job?" I propped my hand under my chin, "I didn't ask for my job back and I sort of... made a deal with him."

Katie ran in front of me and sat down by my feet facing me. She took my hands in hers and held them in my lap, "Oh my god Esme, what was the deal you made?" I sighed, "That's the thing... I don't know what I agreed to. First he wanted me to dress elegantly and that he'll pick me up at 8pm, I blurted out that I can't even afford shoes from Wal-Mart and now he tells me to forget it, that he's picking me up at 6pm!"

Katie shook my hand gently, "Whoa, slow down Esme! So Luca Salvatore wants to take you somewhere romantic and special hmm?" I got up and walked past Katie, "C'mon Kat, it's nothing like that. I'm in this predicament because of his dumb ass in the first place." Katie got up from the floor and jumped on the couch. "Whatever you say, girlfriend. I can't believe you're going on a date with Luca Salvatore! He's gorgeous." I was walking in and out the bedroom grabbing some things before I head into the shower. "Not a date Katie!"

The day went by quickly and it was already 5:30pm. I eagerly paced up and down in the living room. "Relax Esme. Tonight is going to be just fine." I rolled my eyes, "Easy for you to say. I've made a deal with the Devil. He's a pretty boy with an ugly attitude. He's such an ass at times, and cocky." We were interrupted by a knock at the door. I quickly ran over and opened it, there standing was Luca. Mr. Big Shot was no longer dressed in the finest business suit, but wearing ordinary clothes and good lord did he look good wearing them. "Ready?"

Hearing him had my legs automatically moving toward him, "Uh-sure. Where are we going?" I asked. He smirked at me, "You'll see." Luca and I walked downstairs and out the front foyer of the building. I stopped in my tracks when I seen a black 2019 Audi R8 parked on the curb side of the street. Before Luca reached for his door handle he stopped and looked at me, "Aren't you going to hop in?" My mouth was moving, but no words were coming out. It was more of a stutter. "I-I-yeah." He did his famous smirk and jumped into his car. I speed walked and went around to the passenger side.

I wondered the whole way where he was taking me. After 25 minutes, we ended up in front of a beautiful mansion. The bricks were white and the shingles at the top of the roof were black. You ever go on Instagram and look at those pages that post luxury houses? It was something like that. I was still confused as to why we were here. "What are we doing here Luca?" He turned to me, "We're at my mansion." I gave him a weird look, "Your mansion? What are we going to do here?" He snickered, "You ask too many questions. Get out and follow me." I got out the car and followed Luca into his mansion. "Welcome. The deal was I needed someone to be my plus one to my parents event tonight. And I thought to myself, who better to ask than you."

I snorted, "So you're telling me that you didn't have anyone else to be your date and you just so happened to take an ex-waitress who used to work at your restaurant... I don't believe this shit."

"Well believe me." I raised an eyebrow, "Aren't you rich and famous or something? Wouldn't you prefer to take out a model or an actress?" Luca shook his head. "Look, my parents want me to bring a decent girl to this party and you seemed decent enough. We just have to keep that attitude of yours to a minimum." I crossed my arms and furrowed my brows, "Fuck you." Luca laughed.

He grabbed my hand and took me into a room that where a woman standing beside a rack filled with beautiful gowns. "Since you said that you could barely afford shoes from Wal-Mart, I helped out a bit," he said winking. I was completely speechless. Losing my job, begging for my friends job back and making a deal with a gorgeous Devil has caused me to be Cinderella for the night, except in the end Cinderella gets married to a Prince and lives happily ever after. After this night, I'll be going back to my old life, poor and jobless.

"Maria, please have Miss Cole ready by exactly 7:50pm." The woman nodded her head. Luca looked at me, "Please choose a gown and don't give my stylist a hard time." I gasped when I heard him say that. I'm not that hard to deal with! The woman, Maria walked over to me, "Ah, so I see Mr. Salvatore chose such a beautiful girl to be his date this evening to his parents event," she said as she caressed my cheek with her finger. She grabbed my hands, "C'mon, we don't have much time. You need to choose a gown and get dressed." I followed Maria over to the rack and ran my fingers gently over all the beautiful gowns. The one that caught my eye was a long light silver gown with Swarovski crystals all over. I picked it off the rack and admired it. Maria looked at me and nodded in agreement.

Maria then took my hand and led me to a huge beautiful vanity filled with the most well-known makeup brands in the world. I stared at myself in the mirror as Maria took the clip out my hair and began to work on it.

Well, it's time to turn this ex-waitress into a princess for the night...