Chapter Six: Right, Mio Amore?

I stood there talking to Luca's parents and Luca came back to join us. He smiled, "What is my lovely fiancée and parents talking about over here?"

I made a sad face, "Sweetie, you didn't tell Giovanni and Alesia that I'm a waitress at Giovanni's, the restaurant your father owns?" Luca slicked back his hair and grabbed my waist pulling me closer to him, "Oh baby, soon Dad will sign over the contract once we get married and I'll be full owner." My eyes widened and I became angry. "I-I have to go." I brushed off Luca's hand violently off my waist and walked out before anything was said. Luca followed me outside to the front entrance.

"You dirty dog! You're fucking using me! You're biting off more than you can chew!" I yelled. "Esme it's just until he signs the papers over to me. Then we can get divorced," he explained. I became frustrated, "Oh yeah? And what's in it for me?" Luca snorted, "What do you mean what's in it for you? I gave your friend her job back." Now it's my chance to play dirty, "Well, that's not all I want... I want money, $500,000.00 in cash." Luca crossed his arms looking amused, "And let's say if I don't give you this money?" I never thought that far about this. I hesitantly crossed my arms, "Well-uh then, I'll have to kill you and take everything. Yeah, that's right. I'll hunt you down."

Luca walked closer to me and ended up inches away from my face, "Do you really want to do that princess? I know you don't really mean that." He smiled stepping back. "W-what makes you think that?" He showed me underneath the collar of his suit. I stepped closer and seen there was a little bug or chip there. I stepped back. "What's that?" He smiled fixing his collar so the little device isn't visible anymore, "That my love, is a recording device. Anything you say is being recorded. So Miss Cole, I could use this evidence in court." My eyes widened and anger began to build, "You sneaky bast-...!" Luca interrupted, "Nuh-uhuhh Miss Cole. This could also cost your friend her job. Besides, I already have our agreement recorded on this device back at the office." I crossed my arms and pouted, "UGH! You're impossible!" Luca went behind me and hugged my waist, "Mio Bella, don't be angry. I'll tell you what, since I'm asking for a lot, I'll give you the money... BUT, if you ever cross me Esme, I'll take you to court, and use this evidence against you. You'll lose everything.. Or something with less headache, I can just kill you."

Luca let go of me and walked back inside. I was left outside with my own thoughts. I really got myself into this predicament and there's no way out. If I go to court, there's no way of proving my innocence. They'll throw me in jail and even Katie will lose everything. We could barely afford rent some days, if it's just her, she won't stand a chance. I had to do it. I walked back in with my head up and smiling. I walked inside and back to where Luca and his parents were standing. Luca's Mom was so relieved to see me, "Oh honey, what happened? Are you alright?" I looked at her and smiled, "I'm alright Alesia, I just felt a little overwhelmed with everything, that's all."

She caressed my cheek, "Oh sweetheart, that's normal. So, when do we meet your parents?" I felt a lump getting caught at the back of my throat when Alesia asked about my parents, "Uh, my parents? They're um, on vacation." Luca put his hand on his chin and his parents looked at one another. "So when will they be back dear?" Asked Giovanni. I gave them a weird half smile, "Did I say vacation? I meant to say that they're travelling! They're travellers! They travel the world. They live in a country for a few weeks and move on to the next, heh-heh." Their facial expressions looked a bit sad, "Oh caro, you're all alone?" Asked Giovanni. "Oh no, no Giovanni. I'm living with my friend Katie. She's been like a big sister to me." Alesia grabbed my hands in hers, "Don't worry dear, you'll always have us." I smiled.

Alesia clasped her hands together, "Well, let's talk about the wedding. When and where?" Before I could answer Alesia, Luca stepped in and spoke out, "No Mom. Solo un piccolo matrimonio, just a small wedding." I find it a little attractive when Luca speaks in Italian, I just wish I knew what he was saying sometimes. Giovanni shook his head in disagreement, "Figlio, what about the rest of the family? Your little sister would have loved for her big brother to have a nice wedding, ." I blurted, "You have a little sister?" Luca's parents looked at me like if I was dumb or something. "Oh-ah yes, I remember Luca's LITTLE, sister. Sometimes the way that Luca acts, I would think she's older than him." His parents laughed and Luca rolled his eyes looking annoyed.

"Dad listen, the wedding will just be us and Esme's parents." Alesia and Giovanni looked at one another. Giovanni rested his hand under his chin, "Alright Luca, but when will this be happening and where will it be taking place?" Luca and I looked at one another. I began to stutter, "Uh well umm-..." Luca grabbed my hand and kissed it gently, "We're going to do the wedding at my mansion in about 3 months from now. Right, mio amore?" I shook my head in agreement.