Chapter Thirty-One: Alone

"Seriously?! I'm going to be an auntie!!" screamed Alivia. She was so excited. I couldn't help, but smile seeing her expression. He excitement changed into sadness. "Your face," she said noticing as she touched the bruise above my cheek. I held her hand gently and smiled. "I'm fine Alivia. It's not as bad as it looks. I would like to think of it as my battle scars and bruises," I continued as I looked at Cardo.

"Uh- say Alivia? How's about we help Isabella with that dinner huh?" interrupted Cardo. Alivia nodded and smiled. "See you later Esme," she said. At that, they left. I continued my journey down the hall until I was standing infront of Luca's office door. I knocked. "Come in," he said. I unlocked the door and poked my head in. I could see Luca's back facing me while he had a glass of whiskey in one hand, and his phone in the other.

Walking in, I called on him softly. "Luca?" Startled, I watched his glass slipped out his hand and shattered into pieces on the shiny, dark oak wood floor. A piece of the glass slid towards my feet. I looked below. I bent down to pick up with glass. As I got back up, Luca was standing infront of me. He still looked the same as when I last seem him when I was held captive and he came to rescue me.

His beard grew scruffy, hair was messy and he seemed like he hadn't slept in days. I focused on him as he intensely did the favor. He looked at me with such soft, sympathetic eyes. He lifted his hand and softly brushed his finger over each and bruise and cut. I tried not to wince infront of him. His eyes then focused around my neck. Running his fingers over the bruises, I winced. He stopped, lifting his hand.

I knew what he was about to focus on next. At last, his eyes trailed down my neck, chest and to my belly. He gently placed his hand on my belly. I looked down and then up at him. Not once did he broke his focus on me. "Luca, I-" I said as I broke the silence. His eyes were no longer sympathetic. They have seemed to become dark, full of hatred. "WHERE were you?" he asked sternly as he cut me off.

I felt confused. "What are you talking about Luca?" I asked. "That wasn't the fucking answer I was looking for Esme. Now where were you???" He asked again, but this time, he raised his voice. "I-I don't know what you're talking about Luca!" I exclaimed. He grabbed my by my waist and pulled me close. He put his forehead against mine, holding my head.

"You left and not ONE SINGLE call from you. Do you know what you put me through Esme? Can you not see what you've done to me?" He said as he gripped my hair. I could feel hot tears running down my face. I could feel this huge ache in my chest. It became extremely tight. "5 months has been way too long that you were away from me," he continued as he dropped to his knees and is now in contacting with my baby bump.

He gently places his hands on my tummy and kisses it. I looked down at him as he looked up to me. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked as his voice cracked. I could see the sadness in his eyes. This was the first time I've ever saw Luca in this state and to be honest, it hurts my heart so much seeing him like this. I couldn't help myself anymore.

I bursted into tears, breaking down infront of Luca. I just can't be strong anymore. Just being here with him, at this very moment, has made me completely weak. It took a lot out of me to continue to be strong, but I couldn't do it anymore. I was tired. "I'm sorry!" I cried. "I just didn't think you'd care anymore. It was all just an agreement, a verbal contract between the two of us! " I continued.

Luca quickly stood up and kissed me. I melted into the kiss as he let go. "Fuck the contract Esme. I just missed you so much, baby.." he said softly. Luca wiped my wet cheeks. I didn't know what to say. I was shocked. "What do you mean, Luca?" I asked. "What I meant is, I really missed you Esme. Nothing was ever the same after you left," he continued.

Suddenly my sadness became anger. I narrowed my eyes at him as he continued to focus on me. "That's fucking bullshit Luca. You weren't even there to say goodbye to me when I left! Now you're saying that you've missed me?" I said as I backed away, brushing him off.  "Es look, I'm sor-" I shook my head, "Your apology doesn't mean shit to me Luca! You don't even begin to know how I felt when I lost everyone I LOVE. I was left to go out into this world alone when I HAD NOTHING LEFT FOR ME! I felt alone.. And it was the worst feeling in the world."

Not realizing, I had started crying again. "Not, once Luca.. Not once have you tried to stop me from leaving. Now all of a sudden you care?" I continued as I turned around. I was about to make the first step heading towards the door, but Luca stopped me. "You don't understand how hard it was for-" I placed my hand infront of his face, interrupting him and looked away, "Just stop, Luca. Save it for someone who cares."

I turned away, making my way towards the exit and out his room..