Chapter Thirty: Certain

Isabella helped me out the building. "Are you okay to climb?" I looked at her and nodded. She helped me towards the grass and over the hill. We walked for about 5 minutes until I seen Nico and Rocco with a few other men. I was so relieved to see them. "Aye if it isn't Esme," said Nico smiling. I gave both Rocco and Nico the biggest hugs. Isabella went into the back of a truck and grabbed me a blanket.

She wrapped the blanket around me and opened the back door, offering me to sit. Rocco lifted my chin as I faced him. "Oh Esme..," he said as his eyes fell sympathetically while examining my face. "They really did a number on the poor girl," continued Isabella. "So uh- did Capo see her?" asked Nico. "He did, but he didn't say anything to me," I replied as I had my head down. Everyone looked at one another.

Suddenly Nico's phone went off. He took it out and read it. "Boss said to take Esme to the home. He'll meet us there shortly. They're just going to do a sweep of the place before leaving," he said. "Did they get Trish?" asked Isabella. "Who knows," replied Nico. As we got into the car and drove off, I began to feel all these mixed emotions. I don't know if it was me or was it because I was pregnant.

I felt a wave of sadness and happiness. I didn't know whether to cry from pain and exhaustion or that I was safe and alive. I didn't know what or even how to feel at this moment. Isabella said something, but it suddenly felt like her voice was fading. "Esme? Are you okay? OH MY GOD, ESME?! STAY WITH ME! NICO! ESME-" Everything went to black.

My eyelids were so heavy, I could barely open them. I felt around me and it seems that I was lying on a bed. I also felt the plushiness of blankets and silky sheets. I slowly braced myself and sat up. To my surprise I was in to what seemed like a very familiar room. My memory was triggered. I'm in the room I stayed in when I first stayed in Luca's home.

I removed the blankets and seen that I was wearing a silk night gown. I also had IV's in my arm. I held my stomach and got off the bed. Walking towards the mirror, I notified that my hair seemed a bit damp. Isabella along with some of the other maids probably cleaned me up while I was unconscious. I gently touched my lip and seen that my bruises and cuts on my face have been treated.

Focusing my eyes to my neck, I could see dark blue and black marks. I touched my neck and winced in pain. I was startled with the door being opened. "Oh-," she said. It was Isabella. "I thought you might've still been sleeping," she continued. I gave her a soft smile. She was carrying a tray that had a glass of orange juice, some vitamins and a sandwich. "I thought you could use something to drink and eat  for when you woke up," she said as she placed the tray on the night table.

"Thank you," I replied softly. Isabella took a seat at the edge of the bed. "You scared us Esme. We had to get the doctor to see you as soon as possible. He said you're extremely weak because you're pregnant. You lost more energy than anything trying to provide for the growth inside you. He said you were sleep deprived, physically abused, and you lost a bit of weight from not eating in those few days," she continued.

"How long was I out for?" I asked. "You were out for 2 days," replied Isabella. As she continued, all I could think about was the first time that night I've seen Luca after so long. "Where's Luca?" I blabbed. The words slipped through my lips so swiftly. Isabella stopped. "He's in his office taking care of some business. Maybe you should go see him. He's been mess," she said.

I headed to the door and Isabella stopped me in my tracks. "Aht-ah! AFTER you finish your meal and take your vitamins," she demanded. I sat and ate quickly along with taking my vitamins. "I'll make dinner tonight. What are you craving for?" she asked. "Hmm.. Steak," I replied. She smiled, "I got you. Now go see Luca."

I left the room and headed down the hall. Suddenly I ran into Cardo and another familiar face. "ESMEEE!" she screamed. It was Alivia. She ran, but before she jumped on me, Cardo caught her. "WOAH, Alivia! You need to be careful," he told her. Alivia looked confused. Cardo laughed, "Hug her gently and you'll see what I'm talking about." Alivia looked confused as she wrapped her arms around my small, curvy, silk-draped figure.

Her eyes lit up and mouth gaped. "Esme, you're pregnant!?" she exclaimed. I nodded. She smiled, but then frowned. "Is it my brother's child?" she asked, looking up at me with sad eyes. I looked at Cardo as he looked at me. Focusing attention back on Alivia, I gave her a warm smile and soft eyes,

"It most certainly is."