Chapter Twenty-Six: Three Billion.

It was day two, and I was becoming more and more stressed. I had to save Esme. I had a few of my men staking out the building where Esme is being held captive. I picked up the walkie talkie, "Nico, what's the update on The White Snakes?" I waited for a reply. "Nothing out of the ordinary, Capo," replied Nico.

I could feel the pressure building. Deep down, I was so afraid of what they're doing to Esme and our child. "Capo, I need an update," said Isabella. "We'll attack tomorrow evening. Isabella, you're going to cover me while I go after Esme, the other men will cover you. We'll take out these fuckers all together."

Cardo propped his chin inbetween his index and thumb, "So what you're saying is, we're going to create a diversion and kill them?" I nodded. "And that's where I come in." Isabella nodded, "I got this."

Esme's POV:

I layed on the ground hungry and in pain. My lip was swollen and busted, and my face hurts so much. The same tray of food that was thrown at me two days ago is still sitting on the floor, untouched. It smells spoiled which made me nauseous.

I heard the sound of foot steps. "Oh you poor thing" she said. Trisha stood on the other side of the bars. "What the fuck do you want from me? If you're trying to get through me to Luca, it won't happen because I left and haven't been in contact with him since." Trisha chuckled.

"You left because, he wanted nothing to do with you and I assume he didn't want nothing to do with that devil's spawn you have growing inside of you either,"she said. I looked down and clenched on my stomach lightly. Trisha looked at me carefully, "he doesn't know you're pregnant does he.. Then that would mean-" she began to laugh. "-oh that's just rich! He doesn't know you're pregnant with his child!"

I could feel the tears welding in my eyes along with anger. If I wasn't pregnant, I would kill Trisha with my own two hands. Fuck these pregnancy hormones. "You're going to die," I said as it slipped through my lips. Fuck, did I really just say that out loud? Trisha's facial expression changed and became stern. She opened the gate and walked towards me, as she got in my face.

"Oh, really? I should watch that mouth of yours before I have you miscarried... By accident." My eyes widened. She began to laugh again and walked out the gates locking them behind her. She left. I began to cry silently. I started reminiscing about Luca and all the good times I've had with him. I really miss him, and I just wish he was here to save me. I want to be in his arms, warm and safe.

The sound of footsteps caught my hearing. I wiped my tears quickly and seen a man walking towards me. He took out a bunch of keys and unlocked the gate. I stared at him. "Let's go," he said. Without hesitation, I got up and went with him. Anywhere was better than staying in this dirty cell. I followed him down the hall and into a room with a chair and phone sitting on the table. "Sit," he demanded.

The man walked away locking the door behind me. I sat there quietly, until someone else walked in the room. It was Trisha this time, and two other men who had entered the room along with her. "What do you want?" I asked. She smiled, "Well we're going to call a special someone." I looked at her confused. She picked up the phone and dialed a number, putting the phone on speaker.

"Who's this?" said a familiar voice on speaker. That voice. I began to burst out in tears. "Luca!!" I cried. "Esme?!" he yelled. Trisha nudged one of her men to cover my mouth. "Sorry that the surprise was ruined Luca," she laughed. "Don't you dare fucking lay a hand on her, " he growled. Trisha looked at me and smiled, "Oh, it's a little too late for that."

I struggled to get the man's hand off my mouth, but he only gripped tighter. "Luca, I want three billion. In cash," she demanded. I bit the man's hand as he yelped and I screamed, "Don't do it, Luca!" Trisha gave the other man a signal and a heavy hand slapped me across the face. The sound of the slap echoed off the walls. My face began to hurt and I swore I could taste blood in my mouth.

Luca's POV:

I looked at my phone and seen an unknown number was calling me. I decided to answer it. "Who's this?" I asked in a stern voice. It got quiet, but then I heard her. "Luca!!" she cried. You could hear the pain in her voice. She sounded scared. When she said my name, I became weak in that moment. "Sorry that the surprise was ruined Luca," laughed Trisha. My jaw tightened, "Don't you dare lay a fucking hand on her."

"Luca, I want three billion. In cash," demanded Trisha. What the fuck? No way in hell she's getting that kind of money from me. Besides, if that what she wants in trade for Esme, she better keep dreaming because Esme is priceless. Then I heard a man yell and then Esme screamed, "Don't do it, Luca!" Suddenly I heard someone being slapped. I knew it was Esme. I wish I didn't hear that, my fist began to tighten. I'm going to kill Trisha and all of The White Snakes.

"-Get me the money and I'll give you the girl.. Alive," said Trisha. And at that, she hung up.