Chapter Five: We're Engaged

I finished getting dressed and stared at myself in mirror. Tracing my fingers over the jewelry I was wearing and smoothing out the dress. "I did it again. You look gorgeous darling. Like a real princess," said Maria. I put on my heels and looked at my cell phone, it was 7:50pm already. I made my way out the room and seen Luca's back was facing me, he was talking to one of his men.

Luca's POV:

I stood there talking to Cardo, but after a few minutes he seemed to be looking past me with his eyes wide open. He tapped me and whispered for me to turn around. I turned around and couldn't believe my fucking eyes. Esme was behind me, and she looked stunning. Actually, more than stunning... she looked like a complete Goddess. Cardo cleared his throat, "Something wrong, Luca?" I began to blush, but I tried to hide it by looking all around the mansion, "Nothing's wrong. Go get the damn car." Cardo left shaking his head and smiling.

"Uh, something wrong Luca?" She asked. I could see her cheeks turning a bit pink with her head down. "N-no Esme," I walked towards her and picked up her chin, "You look absolutely, beautiful." Esme blushed, "Thank you Luca, you clean up good too." I smiled. She pushed a piece of her hair out her face and tucked it behind her ear. "Shall we?" She asked. I looked at her and smiled, "Let's go."

~~

Luca looped his arm around mine and we walked towards the car. He unlinked arms and quickly grabbed the door for me, holding it open. I smiled and then got inside the car. Luca ran around to the other side and got in. We drove off. About a half hour or 45 minutes later, we were finally at a huge banquet located inside the city. Luca pulled up to the front entrance where two bodyguards stood and awaited a Valet. He got out and handed the Valet his keys to park the car. 

Luca opened my door and I stepped out. He linked arms with me again and we walked towards the entrance. I stopped. "What's wrong?" I looked at Luca with a worried face, "I-I don't know. Nervous I guess?" Luca chuckled. "There's nothing to be nervous about Esme, you'll do just fine." I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Whatever you say, Mr. Salvatore." We pushed the entrance doors and they opened. The scene was amazing. It was quite beautiful and everyone was dressed to the nines. An older woman and gentleman approached us, this must be Luca's parents. 

"Sweetheart, I'm glad you could make it." The older woman stepped forward and gave Luca a kiss on the cheek. "I'm glad to be here Mom. Hey Dad." The older gentleman smiled and shook his hand. Luca's father took a notice to me and looked back at Luca. "Well Luca, aren't you going to introduce us to this beautiful stranger?" Luca grinned as he looked at me. "Mom, Dad, this is Esme." Luca's Mom took my hand, "Esme, what a beautiful name," she said. "And what a beautiful woman too, I'm assuming you are my son's girlfriend?" 

"Oh, n-..." Luca interrupted me, "...-Yes, of course." I looked at Luca giving him that, "What the fuck are you doing?", look. "What I actually wanted to tell you two is that, we're engaged." Again, "Luca... WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!", look. I looked at Luca's parents giving them a fake, delighted smile, "I'm so sorry, but can I talk to Luca privately for just a moment?" I grabbed Luca by the arm and tugged him to one side away from his parents, "Are you fucking crazy Luca?! That was never what I agreed on!" Luca rubbed his chin, "Actually sweetheart, you did." 

My blood began to boil, he's such a fucking idiot! "What the fuck, no I didn't!" Luca smirked, "You agreed to a deal you knew nothing about. You should've asked for full disclosure." I became angry, but every time Luca and I spoke, we whispered. Quiet enough that no one around us could hear, but loud enough that the both of us understood what one another was saying. "Are you fucking kidding me?! It was a verbal agreement and you never told me what it was every time I asked! Ugh! You're such an asshole!" Luca snickered. 

"I don't know why you find this funny. You told me after I got into your house, but all you said was that you needed someone to be your plus one to your parents event! You never said anything about pretending to be engaged to you!" I crossed my arms in disgust. He conned me! "I don't have to tell you everything, you'd do anything for your friend right? Because her job is still at stake. I could easily have her fired again." My mouth dropped open, I was extremely angry that he was now Black mailing me. "You wouldn't DARE." Luca caressed my face, "Try me sweetheart," he said walking away. Before he walked any further, he stopped, "Please fix your face, we don't want my parents to know you're upset." I really despise Luca right now. He's such a pig, I hate him.

I was interrupted by Luca's Mom touching my shoulder, "Is something the matter, darling?" It was now or never. Katie has been there for me through thick and thin. She's not only my best friend, but a sister to me. She's the only person I have in my life. I had the choice to either save Katie's job and go with the plan or ditch it and run out of here like when the clock struck twelve for Cinderella. I chose my choice. 

Luca's POV

I knew I should've never said that to my parents in front of her, but hopefully she'll understand. Cardo and Dante approached me. We kept looking out into the crowd and started communicating with each other. "Anything on the Snakes?" Cardo shook his head no. "How's the night going with Esme?" Teased Dante. I rubbed my temples, "That fucking woman will be the death of me. Especially her knowing about the other part of the deal, Dio aiutami." Cardo nudged Dante and gave each other a sly smile. Dante rubbed his chin, "You know Luca, you did kinda tricked her by telling your parents you're engaged to her." 

"Shut the fuck up Dante." Dante shook his head and Cardo chuckled. "He's not wrong Luca. The poor girl has no choice, but to become your "fiancée." A waiter passed by with drinks on a tray, I picked one up and threw it back slamming the glass on the table behind us. "Don't you think I know that? Just until my father signs over Giovanni's. Then I'll become full owner. When that's signed, I'll divorce her, simple." Dante and Cardo looked at each other. "You got this all planned out," said Cardo. "Are you sure about this?" Asked Dante. I looked at the both of them, "Positive, remember... I don't do relationships."