Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprise

"What's the problem, Nico?" asked Cardo. "The White Snakes have been watching her for the past few months. They have her Cardo. They've  kidnapped Esme and is holding her captive." said Nico. "What?! Are you sure?" Nico assured Cardo. "There's more, but let Capo know that we'll need to meet at his mansion."

~~

Cardo made his way down the hall and seen Callie. "Cal, you seen Luca?" Callie nodded. "I did, I just left his office. He was giving me an order about the shipments for next week. What's up? Something wrong?" Cardo gave Callie a worried look. "Get Dante, and Isabella. Meet us in the foyer in 20." Callie nodded. Cardo walked into Luca's office.

"Luca, you need to hold off on executing the plan to kill The White Snakes." Luca looked at Cardo. "Why the fuck would I do that? It's about time those bastards died." Cardo shook his head. "I spoke to Nico and Rocco. The White Snakes found Esme, and they're holding her captive." Luca sprung from his office chair, "What?!" He picked up his glass and threw it against the wall.

Cardo watched as the glass shattered into many pieces. "Fuck! How'd they find her?!" Cardo focused his attention on Luca, "Trisha sent one of her men to follow Esme. He's been watching Esme for these past few months." Luca buried his face into his hands and then stressfully slicked his hair back.

"Nico and Rocco also said that there's more and they want to meet us here, at the mansion. I told everyone, to meet at the foyer." Cardo continued. Luca swiftly walked passed Cardo and Cardo followed. They both made their way downstairs, where Rocco and Nico were just finishing telling the others that The White Snakes has Esme held captive.

"So what more is there?! FUCKING TELL ME!" yelled Luca. "Calm down, Luca," said Isabella. "Esme's pregnant," said Rocco. Everyone's jaw dropped and mouths gaped open as silence filled the room.

Lucas POV:

"Pregnant??? Esme's pregnant?" Those are words I thought that I would never hear. "How can you tell?" asked Isabella. "She looked no more than 5 months pregnant," said Nico. The colour in my face had drained and I was quite pale. Isabella looked at me.

Isabella covered her mouth in shock. "It's yours, isn't it? Everyone now has their attention focused on me. I tried speaking, but the words couldn't come out. "Luca, that baby.. It's yours?" asked Dante. I remembered what happened before Esme left here. That baby is definitely mine. Esme is pregnant with my child, our child.

I rubbed my face with both of my hands and slicked my hair back. The thought of me being a parent, scared and excited me at the same time. If it's a boy, he could potentially be next in line as leader for the Mafia. If it's a girl, she'll be my little princess. I'll love and protect her with my entire heart and soul.

"Uh, Capo?" called out Dante. My eyes snapped directly at him. "What do we do? What's the plan?" I propped my finger underneath my chin. "We're going to save Esme and kill The White Snakes." Everyone looked at one another. "Are you sure that's a good idea, Luca? I mean, Emse's pregnant and could be potentially hurt in the operation," said Isabella.

I nodded. "I know, that's why... I think we need to give it some time and plan carefully." Rocco looked at me, "What? Capo she's pregnant. How long do we need?" Cardo jumped in, "He's right Luca, she's possibly carrying the next leader. We can't let anything happen to her or the baby."

"We definitely can't leave her by herself. Who knows what they will do to her or how they'll treat her. She doesn't have any medical attention around," said Callie. Fuck. I had to come up with a plan, fast. "Okay, we'll come up with a plan in 3 days."

Everyone nodded.

~~

I was leaded down a dark hall and ended up infront of what looked like some sort of dungeon or cell. In the cell was a small, dirty mattress lying on the cold floor. The sheet that was on the mattress seemed like it hadn't been washed in months and were stained with spots of blood here and there.

There was a disgusting toilet on the side with a rusty old sink. "Home sweet home Princess," said the man as he pushed me into the cell. He locked the cell door behind me. "Let me go! You all are fucking sick. Once I get my hands on Trisha, I'm going to kill her!" I yelled. The man laughed and walked away.

Tears stung my eyes. I tiredly walked towards the mattress that lays on the ground and slowly, but carefully sits on it. I looked down and rubbed my tummy, "Don't worry baby, I promise to keep you safe. Mommy won't let anything happen to you. I'll get us out of here."

Suddenly, I heard foot steps coming towards my cell. I quickly wiped my eyes and focused on who was coming. It was another man. He seemed to be carrying a tray. I stood up. He unlocked the cell and threw the tray on the ground. It was filled with something that seemed to look like mash potato and the chicken didn't seem like chicken. It looked like they had deep fried a rat.

I swiftly picked up the fork and jabbed it in his chest. The man yelped. "You fucking bitch! Don't think I won't hurt you!" I tried to get passed him, but he tripped me and I fell to my side. Fuck. He pulled out the fork and grabbed me by my legs, dragging me towards him. He climbed ontop of me and held my arms down.

"Let go of me!" I cried. The man punched me in my face busting my lip. He then began and punched me again, this time harder. I could feel the world spinning before me. He dragged me on my back and placed me on the dirty mattress. "Night, night-.. " he said and then spat in my food. ".. -Bitch." And left.