Chapter Fifteen: One Of Us

I grabbed the gun from underneath the desk. "Fuck, how do I use this?" It was either now or never. I held the chamber of the gun, cocking it back. I knew the gun was ready and loaded at that point. I had to stay stealthy. I quietly walked out the office and slowly toward the stairs. I crept over the railing and seen that Luca had a gun pointed in front of his face. "Pete, you fucking bastard. I should've looked for you the moment I knew you escaped the war between your father's gang and mine," said Luca.

Suddenly I was tackled by someone and the gun was knocked out of my hand. As I struggled to reach for the gun, the person pinned me down. I started feeling the excruciating pain in my back from my not so healed surgery wound. I was face to face with Trisha. She punched me, busting my lip. Trisha got up and grabbed me by my hair dragging me down the stairs. "You fucking bitch! Let go of me!" I yelled. "Look what I found Pete," she said as she dragged me towards them. "Esme! Let her go! Fucking let her go!" Yelled Luca. Pete looked at me and smiled, "Oh, what a beautiful woman, Luca. This must be the fiancée."

He inched toward me still having the gun pointed at Luca. Trisha pushed me toward Pete and he grabbed me by my arm putting my back against his chest and the barrel of the gun underneath my jaw. I looked at Luca fearfully. I could see that his facial expression was filled with anger, but in his eyes he was pleading. "If you hadn't found her first, I probably would've had her," said Pete. "She would never get with a pig like you," said Luca.

Pete smirked, "You wouldn't know that." Pete grabbed me by the waist and wandered his hand, cupping my breast, squeezing it. I could already feel the tears welling in my eyes. I was disgusted. "Tell me baby girl, wouldn't you like me playing with your lovely rounded breasts?" He said. "Don't fucking touch her!" Yelled Luca. Pete pushed the gun a little deeper into my jaw, "Any sudden movements and I'll blow her brains out." I hate that Luca seems so helpless. If he moves, I die. I had to do something. I butted Pete with the back of my head as hard as I could. He stumbled backwards dropping his gun as he yelled in pain and agony.

I ran to pick up the gun, but Trisha tackled me to the ground trying to pin me down. I think I could feel the stitches in my back opening. Luca was already scrambling to fight with Pete. I got out of Trisha's grip and tried getting up to reach for the gun, but she tripped me by grabbing my leg and before she jumped on top of me, I turned around and kicked her breaking her nose as she clenched her face screaming.

I was able to reach the gun. I seen that Pete had a knife to Luca's neck and he was struggling. Without hesitation, I cocked the gun chamber back and pulled the trigger shooting Pete in the back. He jumped off Luca and rolled over yelling in pain, "Y-you fucking bitch! You s-shot me!"

I walked up to him, putting my foot on top of his chest, "You messed with the wrong bitch." I aimed for his head and I could hear him through his painful cries, pleading how sorry he was and for me to let him go. I pulled the trigger multiple times, emptying the clip in his head. I kept pressing the trigger not realizing that I've already emptied the last 4 rounds in his skull. I turned around slowly looking at Luca. Trisha quickly escaped when she seen what I've done.

He seemed to be in complete shock. I dropped the gun with no emotion on my face. He quickly ran towards me, hugging me tightly. I could feel the adrenaline wore off because I started to feel the pain in different places of my body and especially my back area where I had my surgery done. I winced in pain and he realized.

He cupped my face and seen that my bottom lip was black and blue. Busted and bleeding. "Are you okay?" He asked. Luca wiped the bit of blood off my mouth for my lip. I didn't answer him, but kept looking deep into his eyes. "Thank you, Esme. Thank you for risking your life to save me," he said. I smirked, "I was just returning the favour." Rocco, Isabella, Callie, Cardo, Dante, Landon and Nico came rushing in.

Rocco and Dante stopped in their tracks making all the others stop as they realized the scene they saw. "What the fuck?!" Said Rocco. Dante rubbed his head awkwardly, "Luca, you killed Pete!" Luca shook his head no and looked at me. Everyone's eyes went from Luca and now focused on me. Isabella and Callie pushed their way through the men.

Callie started clapping, "What a complete badass. That was brave of you Es." Hearing Callie calling me 'Es' made me sort of felt like I was home again when Katie called me that. Isabella smiled and looked at Luca, "Well boss, I guess she's one of us now." Luca smirked and looked at me, "I guess she is..."