Chapter Seven: Death Threat

One of Luca's men approached us. "Ah Cardo, mio figlio. How are you?" Cardo looked a bit worried, "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Salvatore. I'm doing fine. Can I have a word with Luca?" Giovanni nodded. Luca and Cardo went off to the side. He leaned into Luca's ear whispering something. Luca walked quickly approaching us. He looked a bit worried and he turned to his father, "Padre, devo portare Esme a casa. Codice blu." Giovanni looked at me and then to Luca, "Why are you speaking Italian in front of your wife? Lei sa che sei il figlio di un padrino della mafia, sì?" Luca shook his head no. His father made a huge sigh and his mother rubbed her temple shaking her head.

"Hello, um hi. Can someone tell me what's going on?" Giovanni put his hand gently on my shoulder, "Nothing my dear. Luca will take you home."

"Dad you gotta do it." Giovanni seemed annoyed and slightly angry at Luca, "Stupido! You better take her home Luca and dillo a lei! Tell her!" Luca started pushing me from behind, "Hey! Quit pushing me!" Luca grunted in frustration. "We have to go. I'll take you back to my place." I raised an eyebrow, "Why? I want to go home." Luca rubbed his temple, "No can do Princess. You have to go to my house." Luca grabbed my arm and threw me in the passengers seat. He didn't bother putting on his seat belt. He pulled out the parking lot with a screeching halt and stepped on the gas pedal causing the car to bolt out of the place. I kept telling myself that the way he was driving, I was going to die.

We got back to the mansion and Luca pulled me out the passengers side dragging me into the mansion. "What the fuck is your deal Salvatore?!" He looked at me angrily, "Shut the fuck up woman!" He stormed out of the front foyer of the mansion. My mouth gaped.

Luca's POV:
I walked into the other room and in came Dante and Cardo. "Dante, tell Rocco, Nico, and Kelly to secure the house and keep Esme safe. Call down Landon and Isabella." Dante nodded and went off to the side. "How the hell did someone find out about me being "engaged" to Esme?" Cardo shrugged, "Someone's probably watching us and they're pretty damn good at not being spotted or caught already. Nico's the one that received the email death threat on your fiancée." I put my hand on my chin, "Who did it come from?"

"Well I told Nico to run the email threat through our data base." I gripped Cardo's shoulder and shook it firmly, "Good man Cardo. Did anything come up?" Cardo took out his phone, "It was an easy thing to crack. We located the IP address and where the threat exactly came from. It gave us a pinpoint on the location. By the docks in Sacramento." I raised an eyebrow at Cardo, "Sacramento? Isn't that where we killed some gang... The White Wolves?" Cardo nodded his head. "It's seems like during the war, Marco's son Pete escaped. Remember his body was never found?" I nodded. "I could care less. He's a pussy just like his father. If we could kill his father and their entire group of men within 45 minutes, we could definitely kill him."

"I'm not so sure. Word on the street is that he's teamed up with The Golden Snakes." I crossed my arms in disgust. "That fucking snake. That gives me more of a reason to kill all of them, but make his death 10 times worse." Dante approached us, "Okay boss, Kelly, Rocco and Nico are securing the house. Landon and Isabella should be here any moment." I nodded. "Good, tell James to have his schedule open within the next 2 weeks. We might need him to fly us to Sacramento if anything. Make sure you let him know that I will pay him handsomely during the lost time of his other job." Landon and Isabella arrived and approached us, "What's the 411?" Asked Landon. "Death threat being made on Esme. We assume it's Marco's son Pete and he's teamed up with The Golden Snakes." Dante gave me a confused look, "So wait, we're not going after them?" I shook my head, "No. We aren't. Just not right now at least and we need to be prepared."

Landon rubbed his chin, "So what about the girl?" I sighed. "Well, we have to keep her safe I guess. Unless-..." Cardo interrupted me, "...-Luca you are NOT going to let this girl randomly die. You could have chose any other woman, a hoe perhaps, but NOT Esme. She's just an innocent girl and I like her." I rubbed my hands over my face, "But that woman will fucking be the death of me." Everyone laughs. "That's why I like her," said Cardo.

"I think you really got yourself in a sticky situation Luca. Your father expects you to reveal to Esme that you're the Italian Mafia." I was annoyed, "Oh thanks Dante, for stating the fucking obvious. I'm trying to keep it a secret to be honest, I'm not planning to spend the rest of my life married to her. The plan was to marry her, have the business contracts signed over and divorce her." Isabella looked at me shaking her head, "Easier said than done Boss." These guys really think it's that impossible. "Listen guys, I'll make it work. I'm sure. I don't do relationships and you all know that." Isabella rolled her eyes and Dante face palmed himself. "Why the fuck am I even trying to discuss this with all of you? Down to business. Isabella and Landon, I need you two to go around town and find out information. I don't care if you have to put a bullet in their heads to get the message out." They both nodded and left.

"Dante, you go down to the docks for the next few nights and supervise the men with the shipments that are coming. We have a lot of new weapons and equipment that should be in..." Dante nodded.

"...And Cardo, you're with me. I have a some people I have to meet in the office tomorrow and strike up a few business deals for the restaurant." Cardo agreed.

Everyone left the area and went about their jobs. Cardo approached me closer, "So, Esme?" I crossed my arms, "I'll let Kelly know she has to babysit." Cardo rubbed his head, "Uhh.. do you think that's a good idea Luca?" I looked at Cardo, "Why wouldn't it be?"

"Uh maybe because you've been sleeping with Kelly and she's going to be baby sitting your future wife?" I rested my chin on my hand, "It shouldn't matter to her who I sleep with. She's receiving $500,000.00 and her friend gets to keep her job." Cardo's eyes widened, "Whoa you threw in some money too?" I shook my head, "It was her idea actually. Besides, this isn't a real marriage or anything. I've had a glance inside her place. Now that Esme doesn't have a job, her and her friend really need this money."

"And somehow you still think that she won't find out about you being in the mafia?" I nodded. "I'm pretty sure she won't find out. I just gotta let the others know to keep their mouths shut for the next three months and we'll be fine..."