Chapter Fourteen: Strap Up

I was angry, and completely torn. How could Luca do this to me? The woman came out from the bathroom, "Thanks for letting me use your bathroom." We were interrupted by the sound of the room door opening. "Hey Es-..."

Luca stopped in his tracks looking at the both of us, like he just seen a ghost. He quickly changed his mood and narrowed his eyes at the woman. "What the fuck are you doing here? I told you to leave!" He yelled. I carefully tried getting up off the bed and he noticed, trying to lend a hand, "Let me help you Esme." I swatted his hand away, "Just leave me alone. You've done enough.." Standing on my feet and staring at Luca, "You're a heartless fucking man, Luca Salvatore. Is this why you were such in hurry? To come back home and sleep with some whore?"

"I don't understand how's that any of your fucking concern, Esme." I've had it. I slapped Luca across the face. You could tell by the look on his face that he was in complete shock and didn't see that coming. "I almost died yesterday! You didn't even bother to ask me if I had someone to stay in the hospital with me. I was ALONE." I was so angry that I didn't realized my face becoming wet by my own tears. "For your information, I SAVED you," he said.

"I didn't ASK you to save me Luca!" Luca went in my face and this conversation became a lot more heated. "Why the fuck would I leave you to dead?!" He yelled. "That's a good question, why didn't you leave me to die, Luca?" We stared deep into each other's eyes. The woman cleared her throat, interrupting us. "Luca baby, I understand that you're angry right now and I'm giving you a second chance. I'll be back tomorrow night," she said.

Luca looked and kept his eyes glued on me, "No." He turned slowly and looked at the woman. She looked stunned. She quickly walked towards Luca holding on to his arm, "Baby, I know you don't mean that." Luca shrugged her off, "Leave my fucking mansion, Trisha." She became offended and narrowed her eyes at me, "If it's because of this bitch!-..."

Did she just called me a bitch? I should be taking it easy and recovering from my gun shot wounds, but it won't stop me from kicking her ass. "...-That bitch, is my fiancée." He interrupted. Luca pulled out a gun. He grabbed Trisha by her neck and held the gun to her cheek. I was terrified. "And if you ever disrespect my fiancée in front me again, I'll shoot your pretty little face," he said as he pushed her to the ground. "Now get the fuck out my mansion. Don't let me tell you again." Trisha got up and bolted towards the door. She stopped and turned back, "You're fucking sick, Luca Salvatore! I hope you go to hell!" Luca rolled his eyes and mumbled, "I'm already half way there."

She left and Luca turned towards me, "Look Esme-..." I stopped him. "Save it. I'm going to stay with Katie," I said walking past him. He stopped me. "Whoa, seriously Esme? You were fucking shot for crying out loud. Twice! It's dangerous out there and you're now considered a target." I pushed him aside, "Well make me become NOT a target. Make someone else your wife, have them wrapped up into your verbal whatever recording contract thingy, just do SOMETHING." Luca sighed.

"Again, you know that's not possible. You're a decent girl and my family seem to like you. Even Alivia likes you, a lot." I rethought about it. I hate when he's right. Even I took a liking to his parents and sister in such a short time. I am getting 'fake' married in less than 2 weeks. If I get my money, I'll be able to leave here. I hated the fake marriage. I've always seen myself getting married for real and being with someone who actually loves me and I love him. I started imaging what my life would be like if Luca and I actually fell in love with each other.

Wait, what? I shook my thoughts away, coming back to reality. "Hello, Esme! Are you okay?" Asked Luca. I looked at Luca with confusion fallen on my face, "Uh yeah, I'm fine. I'll stay." I just realized I agreed to staying, but I don't know why. Luca rubbed the back of his head awkwardly, "Okay, uh yeah." Callie and Rocco came running in the room, short of breath. "What's wrong?" Asked Luca. "Tr-Trisha..sh..she's fucking crazy!" Said Callie, trying to catch her breath. "What did she do?"

Rocco started waving his arms, "She lured the Snakes in the mansion! We're being ambushed!" Luca swiftly took out his gun, "Esme, stay here." I was scared, "Wh-what? N-no, don't leave me!" You could see that Luca's gorgeous blue eyes have turned cloudy and dark. You could see the anger dancing in them. "I have no choice!" Luca grabbed my hand and made me look into his eyes. "Whatever you do Esme, I need you to go into the bathroom, turn off the lights and lock yourself in there. Don't make a sound," he said. He kissed my forehead and left with Callie and Rocco. I stood there trying to process what just happened.

I knew that no matter what, I'll always have to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life. Even though Luca Salvatore is an ass, he still saved my life. So I'm going to return the favour. I could hear the gun shots going off and yelling. I was scared for my life, but I'd have to put my fears aside. "Now where would I find a gun?..." I had decided to get to his office, but I knew I had to do it fast. I headed towards the door and bolted down the hall to Luca's office.

I locked the door behind me and searched his office for a gun. I can't feelthe pain in my back because my adrenaline was through the roof. I went behind his desk, looking through the drawers. Nothing. I looked under his desk and seen there was a gun strapped underneath it. I smirked, "Typical."