Chapter Thirty-Two: Finally

I slammed Luca's door on my way out. Taking another step and stopping in my tracks was a man I had never seen, standing infront of me.
"Oh Dio!" he exclaimed. My nose felt like it was dripping. I wiped and seen that it was bleeding. "No, no Bella!" he said as he grabbed a rag and wiped my nose. I looked at him confused.

"You must be the girl that Luca cares so much about," said Stefano as his eyes trailed from my red puffy eyes, down to my stomach. I clutched onto it. "Stefano! Leave this poor girl alone," said Angelo as he was seen walking towards us. I wiped away my tears quickly. Stefano rolled his eyes and scoffed. "You must be Esme," continued Angelo. I nodded. "How far along are you?" he asked.

"5 months," I replied. Angelo smiled. "I remember when Leonardo and Sienna were born, that was the day that my world changed. I would kill for them, along with Mia. She's been a great moglie," he continued. Moglie? I definitely knew what that was in Italian. It's wife. Something I would love to actually be to someone, one day.

Luca comes out the room and stops in his tracks when he seen me standing there with Angelo and Stefano. "So I'm guessing you've met my cousins, Stefano and Angelo," he said. I nodded. "I'll see you both around," I said turning to Angelo and Stefano. They both smiled. I walked away and headed downstairs. The air was filled with delightful aromas. Following the aromas, it lead me into the kitchen where Isabella was cooking. There along the island sat Alivia, Cardo and some of the other crew members.

"Esme love, you hungry?" asked Isabella. I nodded. "Esme?!" said a confused, but familiar voice. I looked up and seen it was Alesia, Luca's mother. Both of her hands were covered over her mouth as she was in complete shock. Alesia seemed like she was on the verge of crying. She sprinted towards me from across the room and pulled me into her embrace.

"Honey, are you alright?" she asked concerningly. She gently, but constantly brushed my hair back with her hand. I've always felt safe in Luca's arms, but this.. This was a different feeling. It's a parent's love. Something I haven't experienced in a extremely long time."I'm fine Alesia," I replied. She held me in front of her and looked down.

"You're pregnant!?" she exclaimed. "And it's your grand child Mamma," continued Alivia. Alesia's eyes shifted from Alivia to me. She began to cry. "Oh! I'm so sorry Alesia," I said. Alesia shook her head, "Oh no, mia Bella. These are happy tears." I gave her a warm smile. "Madre," said a familiar voice. My focus was now on Luca.

"Esme can we talk, please?" he asked. "Nuh uh, not after you eat because dinner is ready," interrupted Isabella. I looked at Luca, "Let me help you set the table." After a decent, but awkward time at dinner, I walked up the stairs heading to my room. "Ahh, I hate being so out of breath," I said shaking my head.

I continued heading towards my room when I finally closed the door behind me. I sighed. "Why are you avoiding me Esme? You didn't let me finish," said Luca, startling me. "SHIT! You scared me," I said as I held my chest and braced myself against the door. "There's nothing to talk about," I said.

Luca walked up to me and grabbed me by my shoulders, "You don't know how hard it was to watch you leave. Esme.. The day I met you, it was just something different about you, a good different. It attracted me, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Each passing day you lived in the mansion, I got to know more and more about you. I remembered when you saved me, and I will never forget that day Esme."

I looked at him with tears welding in my eyes. "Esme, I'm the leader of the Mafia. I've never showed weakness infront of anyone, but here I stand before you today to show you, TO TELL YOU.. That my weakness is you Esme. I thought that if I let you go, I'd keep you safe from all the bullshit, but I was wrong," he continued. He kissed me softly and he stopped to look at me.

My eyes focused on his, but this time, I dived into the kiss. "I'm so sorry Esme," he mumbled. I broke down into tears. "I missed you so much Luca," I said. He held my hand caressing it. He looked down, "I see you got rid of the ring." I looked down at my hand and looked back to him smiling.

Reaching around my neck, I pulled out my necklace, and there rested the ring on long, thin gold links. Luca looked surprised. "I know that the marriage we had was apart of our deal, but besides the baby, this was the only thing that reminded me of you. Of what could've been real," I said looking down and playing with the necklace.

"You know, the day I found out I was pregnant.. I was filled with mixed emotions. At first I thought, how the hell was I going to take care of a baby on my own?-" I said as I rubbed my baby bump and looked down. "-But then, I knew that whatever happens, this baby will be the best thing that's ever happened to me," I continued as I looked at Luca.

"Esme, you're the best thing that's happened to me and I can't live without you. No matter what, I will protect you and our baby. Like I said, fuck the contract. I want this to be real, I want us to be real," he said. I looked at Luca in confusion. "What are you trying to say Luca?" I asked.

Luca grabbed my face gently and kissed my forehead, "What I'm trying to say is, Esme... I love you."