Chapter 12: Bitten

As Kato and I lay on the mound of our discarded clothing, I couldn't help my ragged breathing

As Kato and I lay on the mound of our discarded clothing, I couldn't help my ragged breathing. "That was..." Kato quickly spoke for me, "Exceptional." Odd he was able to finish my sentence so quickly. And with the exact same word. Regardless, he was absolutely correct. I've never known pleasure like that could exist without pain.

I couldn't help but smile at the human male that turned my dark world into something worth living. He propped up on his elbows and his eyebrows pierced together in confusion. I scared him. I probably looked crazy. But then he spoke, "Umm... Morina?"

His voice sounded so concerned. Now, I was scared. My heart rate began to pick up speed. I've had enough anxiety for one night. What could he possibly be thinking?

"Yes, Kato?" I hesitantly replied. What he said next terrified me to my core. "I was just wondering. Do you usually bite your partners?" he asked with the utmost, sincere curiosity.

I sat up immediately, accidentally pushing him across the floor. My mouth went dry, and my body began to tremble. A two worded question managed to escape my lips, "I what??"

How the could this happen! How could I possibly do something so stupid? Was I that distracted by the amount of passion? How could I be so careless? I began to grovel, "I'm so sorry! Oh Kato, I'm so so sorry!" He looked at me perplexed. He had no idea what I had done.

I quickly stood up and began to slide my under garments up my legs. I stepped into my dress that wrapped around me like a black river. I began to lace my dress as fast as my fingers would allow. I had to leave. This can't be happening.

Kato stepped in front of me and lifted my chin with his calloused fingers, "Morina, talk to me! How can you act this way after the magic that happened between us?"

I didn't know what to say. The only thing that kept running through my mind was that I had to fix this. And fast.

"Morina?" he demanded. Okay, that was hot. But I needed focus, but he grabbed my hands and I caught a slight attitude. "You don't understand!" I hissed. "I ruined everything!"

He looked at me still confused. "Morina... What did you ruin?" he asked somewhat angrily. His anger was justified because of my behavior, but I found his temper to be extremely erotic.

I had to answer this the only way I knew I could. "I've marked you as my mate," I looked at him with pity and sorrow. Because I knew exactly what this meant. And the consequences it could lead too. But he was still unsure of the whole situation. "Your mate?" he asked. "What exactly does that mean?"

I couldn't tell him everything. I couldn't tell him he could be killed. That I could be exiled. That I could lose my kingdom. He'd feel too guilty. I'll tell him what's important. Our love. Anything more could devastate him. In the meantime, I will have to find a solution. Soon.