Chapter 14: Confessions

The technicolor lights flashed with the beats of the new aged music that blasted from the giant speakers next to the DJ's booth

The technicolor lights flashed with the beats of the new aged music that blasted from the giant speakers next to the DJ's booth. I swayed to the rhythms and clutched the hips of some gorgeous woman. She smiled at me while we danced. Glistening white teeth. Plump red lips. They looked as though they were filled with secrets. I admired her great physique, for a human anyways. Her beautiful ginger locks bouncing with the beat drops on and off her chest. Her hips moved with purpose, and I was hoping to find out what that purpose was.

She noticed my blatant looks of satisfaction, as I looked her over. She smiled even bigger, as if to give me an erotic invitation. I couldn't help the blush that washed over my face. I could get used to this.

These past few days have actually been kind of nice. Even with the likes of Ken. As much as I love my home, and Morina, it's the vacation I've needed for a long time. And it has most definitely kept my mind off of my forbidden love. It's even given me the opportunity to tempt my chances with... other desires.

A hard tap on my shoulder caused me to snap out of whatever trance I was in. I swung around to see a face I once hated but could now halfway stand. It was none other than Ken.

"Oh dear Thana! I must give you props on the redhead. Very lovely! Did you know they can be exceptionally kinky? I remember one time...," I cut him off before he could even finish his sentence. I swiftly shoved my palm over his mouth and gave him a stern look. I couldn't bare to hear another word. I was beginning to like him, but not that much.

I slowly removed my hand from his face when I thought he comprehended. "Do shut up Ken," I said as kindly as I could. "You are ruining my mood. Enough with the sex stories! Do you ever tire from hearing your own voice?!"

He blinked continuously with a face of utter confusion, and then broke out into a fit of laughter. Here it came, the reason we all hated him. He never knew when to shut up. "Why would I ever get tired of hearing myself?" He asked with a deep chuckle and continued. "My brilliance astounds me! I love myself. And let's not forget to mention the absolute perfection that is moi!"

I wanted to vomit. In fact, I actually threw up in my mouth just a little. He couldn't be that full of himself. He couldn't actually think that any of the words falling from his lips were true. Is it possible for someone to be that delusional?

He broke my train of thought by complimenting himself. "I hate to disappoint you," he began. "I know how much you love hearing about my spectacular life. But darling, let's not talk about me anymore. We have something else to discuss."

I rolled my eyes. Finally. Maybe he'll actually talk about something interesting. But the words he spoke only filled me with nervousness and dread.

"It's been a week since we've been in our realm. We made a deal. I've held my end of the bargain, now it's time for you to return the favor. And as much as I love breaking the rules, we do need to get back home," he said all of this without sounding like a pompous ass.