Chapter 24: Revelations

Invisible tendrils plucked me from my sleep

Invisible tendrils plucked me from my sleep. A feeling I knew all to well. The pull of the bond between Morina and myself. I sighed as I stretched across the abnormally large bed, feeling my muscles flex beneath my skin. So comfy. Cozy. But most importantly, it was empty.

This was the sixteenth night without her by my bedside. Sixteen nights without her touch, and I didn't know if I could wait any longer. My body and soul yearned for her to be near me. So much so, I could feel my body straining itself not to go after her.

I extended my hands rubbing the silky soft sheets where Morina usually occupied. My calloused fingers getting caught slightly against the fabric as I reached for her pillow. I caressed it, clutching it in my arms. Deeply inhaling her scent. Closing my eyes in serenity as it traveled through me.

Morina's beautiful face danced in my mind and I grew hot. "Damn it," I murmured to myself out loud in utter frustration, adjusting my cotton pants. They seemed to shrink at my arousal. That's all it took? One thought of her and I'm overcome with testosterone and lust? Who am I kidding? Of course that's all it takes! I'm insatiable just from her aroma, let alone the sight of her.

I huffed and threw back the blanket. This was seriously the last thing I needed. I have no way of getting rid of this... issue. I walked towards the bathroom that connected to the vast bedroom. The cold stone of the floor, retreating my arousal immediately.

I gripped the jade countertop, as my head hung down. I sighed loudly as I turned on the coal black faucet. I splashed water onto my face to refresh myself for the day, peering into the mirror. I've got to stop worrying about her. She can handle herself. I can't keep moping around here, staring out of windows mournfully.

"Stop it!" I forcefully jabbed my finger at my reflection. "Get ahold of yourself."

I scoffed at myself. I've gone crazy. In a mere sixteen days, I've lost my damn mind. I might even be crazier than Ken!

"Ha! Ha! Ha!" I burst into laughter at the thought. "Not even possible," I said as I moved away from the mirror, fixing my hair and wiping my face.

I hadn't had a meaningful conversation in days. I mostly hid out in this room, rarely eating. But to be fair, no one really acknowledged my existence in the Court of Shadows to begin with. Well, except for my newfound friend. Thana.

The woman who saved me from the secret passageway. When I was left there to rot by the ruler of jackassery himself, Ken. After I passed out from complete shock, I was awoken by Thana's virile slap connecting to the cheek of my face.

"Hey Kato, do you mind explaining yourself?" Thana hummed with authority.

I gripped my head in hopes to stop the pounding. "Ken," I sighed, annoyed.

Thana cut me off, "Of course. Should have known Ken had something to do with this."

I gripped the floor with all my strength as I stabilized my body, lifting myself off the floor. That bastard. I can't believe he just left me here! Now I'm going to have to explain to Thana, a woman who hates my existence, why I was even here to begin with.