Chapter 28: Conflicted

A part of me was afraid to bring Ayden inside the castle

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

A part of me was afraid to bring Ayden inside the castle. Shortly after our arrival, my Queen returned as well. I could feel my face get hot with excitement, and nervousness. But then I remembered that tensions were going to be higher than ever between her and Kato. I definitely didn't want to be around when he confronted her for hiding the pregnancy from him.

Maybe leaving would be best for everyone. I could hide Ayden out until things die down. Although, as Morina's closest confidante and friend, I should probably be present upon her arrival. As well as the situation that will come about with Kato. But I can't possibly put more stress on everyone with Ayden's presence.

Instead, I decided to take Ayden to the surrounding woods. We can camp out until things simmer. Maybe build a fire, so I can get to know him more. Make sure he's here for the right reasons. We don't need another Celeste. This Kingdom's been through enough bullshit recently. I would never forgive myself if he was secretly working for King Aries and I was the one who let him in the front door. Neither would Morina.

Morina had been through enough the past few weeks. And Goddess knows a long trip with Ken can feel like an eternity. I'll wait for things to settle, and I'll hopefully be able to introduce the Court to Ayden. We need some more skilled fighters. I can't be the only one in the whole Kingdom.

Why on earth she chose to take Ken is beyond me. Especially going to her sister's. Her and Ken had a very... interesting relationship to say the least. But I would think she would've been back sooner. Maybe she'll tell me where else she went, but I have an idea on a possible destination. And if my suspicion is correct, it may not have been a very good idea. Especially with Ken present.

She obviously also made some friends and brought them back. I'm not one to be incredibly communal so leaving is also a good idea for me personally. Obviously, I'd have to meet them eventually. But right now, I didn't feel like socializing with whomever she brought with her. I've done it enough with Ayden, and now I'm unfortunately going to be doing more of it. And I have a feeling it's going to be more emotional. Sigh. I hate feelings.

And let's not mention how nervous I am about even bringing up the subject of my long-lost brother and seeing if he can stay in the home of a very untrusting woman. I don't even know how to go about the conversation. Morina, this is my father's secret bastard whom I've seemed to completely open up to in a day. Can he stay here?

Obviously, it's not going to be that simple. Nor what I even speak to her like that. However, it is odd I'm so comfortable with him. So honest. So raw. I'm not like that with anyone. I never have been. I've always been a guarded person. But with him, it's like it's easy. I don't have to pretend to be this tough, invulnerable person. It's refreshing, but scary. I'm not used to being... myself. He's given me a sense of security I've never had.

As Ayden and I traveled through the woods, a beautiful fiery sunset was about to begin. The pinks, reds, yellows, and oranges all clashing together creating this tranquil apocalyptic scarlet sky. I couldn't help but feel it was an omen of passion, and destruction. I couldn't shake this feeling that something doomful was coming to fruition.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 23, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Hidden Realm: Slipping Into Shadows (Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें