Chapter 22: Exorcism

The old witch lit the large bundle of sage and began wafting the thick smoke with a large raven feather

The old witch lit the large bundle of sage and began wafting the thick smoke with a large raven feather. Let the festivities begin! Thanks to this rotten potato, the prophecy is about to be fulfilled. The walking corpse was going to perform an ancient spell to hide the pregnancy. From everyone. No one will see the growth of the child, and the symptoms will be completely unnoticeable even to Morina. That is, until the actual birth.

The pungent aroma of the sage filled the air, along with the already present dust. Kind of smells like that drug humans are so fond of, I thought to myself. I prefer belladonna, but whatever works. Are all old women obsessed with birds? Out of all the species in the universe, they may be one of the stupidest. Unlike me, a sheer genius.

Her tongue curled and clicked as she chanted. Morina's nude body laid on the dark oak altar table as I stood at her feet. The witch hovered over her, painting her body with a cacophony of sigils. Fertility symbols covered the entirety of the fearsome Queen's skin.

The hag lifted her cane motioning circles over the almost lifeless body of Morina. As she gestured, the sound of clanging bones and cheap jewelry from her body echoed in the room. She slowly stepped away and turned to face me.

Wait a minute. Now I'm confused. I give her whatever she wants for this!? "Is that all??" I asked, upset. "She looks the same! I thought she would at least look less fat."

The crone gave me a look of annoyance and ignored my important question. She reached for her bony right shoulder, pulling on her rags she referred to as clothing.

I jumped back, startled. Oh my god. Please no! "What are you doing?!" I raised my palms in surrender and placed one foot carefully behind the other.

My question was unfortunately answered with the tearing of her cloth robe exposing her deflated baby elephant of a body.

A high feminine shriek escaped my throat. "Oh my god woman, cover yourself!" I yelled in horror and disgust. "You repulsive shrew! Why are you nude?!"

She cocked her head again in confusion, "No need to pretend. I know you've always wanted this."

That's when I lost all appetite I ever had and ever will. I ran out of the room to the front porch and snatched a hanging pelt from the ceiling. When I came back in, the old woman was taken aback in confusion at what was going on. I threw the fur at her, covering my eyes.

"You are delusional!" I spat in disgust. "Have you seen yourself?! Of course, you haven't! There isn't a single mirror in this shithole of a home that isn't completely shattered from your mere presence! Do tell me how it feels to be so hideous?!"

The witch lunged at me and I scrambled backwards as quickly as I could. "Aaaaargh!" I screamed, running in a tiny circle. I found the ivory knife and wielded it in front of me. "Stand back! Don't you dare come any closer," I panted in fear.