66 ~ June

"Thank you so much!" I exclaim as Brett pulls his small company car to a stop outside the college library. He'd insisted on giving me a ride after we spent the whole day together yesterday, despite my insistence that I could walk.

"That's okay." He grins before glancing passed me, towards the beaming girl on the sidewalk, "Is that Elena?"

"I told her I'd meet her here. She's been messaging me all morning." I explain, smirking, "Bye!" I exclaim, turning to grab hold of the door and get out.

"Wait!" He orders, reaching out and grabbing hold of my waist, "Not so fast." He pulls me back around to face him and plants a firm kiss on my lips. Automatically leaning into him I reach up and place my hand on his stubble, grinning into the kiss as he deepens it. Reluctantly I eventually pull back, letting go of him, his signature smirk back on his face.

"Okay." I breathe out, ready to turn back towards Elena.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asks.

"Elena wants to watch American Pie!"

"Lots of popcorn I'd imagine?" He teases and I roll my eyes.

"Absolutely!"

"I'm glad I don't need to use an apple pie anymore." He smirks.

"Brett!" I squeal.

"How about tomorrow? What are you doing then?"

"Nothing."

"I'll pick you up at ten." He grins.

"Sounds like a date!" I agree, shooting him one last smile before opening the door and getting out of his car. Elena's smile widens, the amusement clear in her expression as I roll my eyes and begin to walk over towards her, my pink hoodie and jeans already making me sweat in the Californian Summer heat. Why did I even think it was a good idea to leave these two items at Brett's back in April? Better than my strappy black Gala dress I suppose...

"So?" Elena squeals as I get close, "Clearly it went well!" She scoffs, linking arms with me as we turn towards the library. "I know I always joke about not seeing you until the morning but here we are, an extra day later!" She laughs, handing me the bag that she's brought from our room.

"I just decided to stay there one more night." I attempt to play it off, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"I see." She smirks, "Did you go to college yesterday?" She accuses.

"No." I admit.

"No?" She exclaims as we walk into the silent library. I instantly look down at the floor, attempting to hide from the other students. "S! How Brett Winters has corrupted you!" She laughs and I shoot her a death stare. She's right.

"Shut up!"

"I think it's cute." She giggles.

"I hope none of my lecturers noticed I was gone." I mutter.

"Savannah!" A voice calls out and we look up to see Polly waving at us from a study table. "Where were ya yesterday?" She exclaims as we approach.

"Great. Polly noticed?" I mutter under my breath, "I've got no chance."

"She was busy with her boyfriend!" Elena smirks.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I retort and Polly raises an eyebrow.

"Take a seat gals." Polly gestures to the empty seats around her table. "I have some interrogating ta do." She sits forward, smiling up at me. Elena grins, sitting down next to her as I groan before giving in, slouching down onto the seat across from them.