20 ~ June

"Thanks." I take a step into the room, my eyes instantly widening at their exquisite guest bedroom. The bed is covered in soft, comfy blankets, that make me want to throw myself down onto it and never resurface. I turn back to face Brett as I slowly perch down on the edge of the bed, nearly melting into the mattress instantly. Absolutely incredible, the day I have enough money to purchase a mattress this comfortable is the day I've made it. "Did I... did I ruin your evening?"

"You. Never." He grins down at me, leaning against the door frame.

"Shut up." I scoff, fiddling with the sleeves of my hoodie. "Didn't you have plans?"

"No." He smirks, "Not tonight."

"It's Saturday..." I counter, trailing off as I realize how silly I sound. People don't do stuff every Saturday Savannah...

"I don't do stuff every night." He confirms, grinning slightly with amusement.

"Sorry, I thought all you popular jocks were joint at the hip." I smirk as he takes a step into the room.

"You've been with me on numerous occasions without them," He replies, standing directly in front of me as I look up at him, gazing into his deep blue eyes, "Alone." He finishes, reaching out and lightly running a finger down my arm. I shiver slightly at the contact, a small current of pleasure running through me.

"Yeah, well, I don't know why," I retort, shrugging his hand away and shuffling across the bed.

"There's more to me than being popular Savannah."

"I think I'll go to sleep if that's okay with you?" I change the subject, fiddling with my sleeve.

"Of course. My room's across the hall, you know where the kitchen is... help yourself." He smiles, slowly backing out of the room.

"Thanks." I reply, smiling slightly. He turns around and starts towards the door, grabbing hold of the handle to shut it. "Brett?" I call out and he stops, turning his head slightly, "Really, thank you."

"Of course."

And then he's gone, shutting the door behind him. I look around, not surprised that their guest bedroom is so expensively decorated, the bed ridiculously huge, the headboard decorated with diamond studs. I wish my bedroom looked like this.

Walking over to the two doors on the other side of the room, I open one, coming face to face with a huge, empty walk in closet, shaking my head in disbelief before opening the next door along. An en-suite bathroom stands grand, a giant bathtub standing in pride of place right in the middle. Closing the door, I walk back over to the bed and pull the sheets back, having nothing else to do but sleep.

My sister chucked me out of the house. How could she do that? How? What would Mom and Dad think! And Brett... Brett came to my rescue.

Pulling my hoodie over my head, I discard it on the chair, my yellow top all I have to sleep in, not ready to face the clothes that my sister has thrown together into the bag. I keep my shorts on, taking a look in the mirror at the mess before reaching up and pulling my hair tie out, letting my hair fall down past my shoulders. I can never sleep with one in, finding it so uncomfortable, whereas Elle can never sleep with it down.

I sigh, making my way back to the bed and slipping under the covers, already appreciating the absolute heaven, melting into the mattress with ease. Nevertheless I find myself tossing and turning, unable to sleep as I watch the clock on the side tick away...

Eight...

Nine...

Ten...

Eleven at night.