100 ~ May

"Where are we going?" I exclaim as Brett turns left out of the parking lot. Becky had left ten minutes earlier with Ellis, both of us unable to stop a few tears from rolling down our cheeks as we hugged and said our goodbyes. We wholeheartedly agreed to meet up in two days, Ellis seemingly overwhelmed by the two emotional women. There is nothing more rewarding than having a stint of living with your best friend, the memories you make will be cherished forever. It's really is the end of an era.

"To my home." Brett replies as I rest my elbow on the familiar leather of the black sports car.

"I thought you lived in the west side of the city." I furrow my nose up in confusion as he grins, glancing over.

"I'm not taking you to my crappy apartment."

"I bet that apartment is anything but crappy!" I snort and he chuckles.

"Either way." He replies, "We're going to live as a proper family."

"We are?"

"In my house." Brett nods.

"You have a house?"

"Yeah. Half hour outside the city center." He elaborates and I raise my eyebrows.

"Wow!"

"I'm a rich man Miss Hurst." He smirks and I can't help but roll my eyes.

"Don't I know it!" I grin, watching as he turns right, further East of the city than I've ever been. The trees that line the street are gorgeous, and despite the fact that I am never interested in a show of money, I find myself intrigued as to what Brett has hidden out here.

He leans back in his seat, keeping a hand on the wheel, looking relaxed and at ease, his blue eyes gleaming in the sunlight. He's gorgeous.

Without thinking my hand is in his lap, inching closer and closer towards his groin.

"Savannah." Brett warns, "Stop."

"Why?" I shrug, gently moving my hand back and forth. I love how quickly he reacts to me, how easy it is to turn him on.

"Because I will pull over right now and fuck you in front of all these houses." He retorts and I immediately pull my hand away, eyes wide. What?

"You're lying!" I scoff.

"Do you want to test that, baby?" He dares, smirking as he slows the car down.

"No!" I squeal, slouching back in my chair and turning to the window, my cheeks reddening. He laughs as I pout, crossing my arms across my chest. That's not playing fair.

*~*~*

As Brett pulls up to a large gated house I watch in awe, the gates automatically opening. He drives in and I gaze at the flowers that decorate the edges of the driveway, some pink roses growing up the side of the front door.

"This is crazy." I breathe out as he pulls the car to a stop.

"It's not that big." He replies, clearly anxious as he attempts to judge my reaction. He's right, it's not, the house is gorgeous, white painted walls and double hung windows making the house look homely, not as expensive and extravagant as I was expecting.

"No." I grin, "Not as big as usual Winter's residences." I point out, "But it's beautiful."

"It's alright." He shrugs, before getting out of the car. I go to open my own door but he grabs onto it, pulling it open faster than I can.

"You're the one who just came out of the hospital!" I lecture and he grins, shutting the door behind me and pressing me up against the car.

"You're the one carrying my baby." Brett replies huskily, his finger running down the length of my arm, butterflies floating around my stomach at his words. Taking a step back he opens the trunk, pulling my bag out.