85~ February

"Is it mine?"

"Fuck off." I snap, whirling around and storming back over towards the door of his office. The absolute nerve! As if I would have come here and told him if it wasn't his!

"No Savannah!" Brett calls out behind me, "Wait!" He grabs onto my shoulder, turning me back to face him, "Wait!"

"What?" I snap, reaching up and shoving his hands off me.

"I shouldn't have..." He trails off, taking a step back. "I just didn't know if..."

"No. I haven't been with anyone else since Christmas." I cut him off, answering bluntly.

"Oh." He mutters, before his eyes widen. "Oh!"

"Yeah."

"You... you're pregnant." He breathes out, resting back on his desk once more.

"Yep."

"Shit." He mutters, reaching up and running a hand through his hair.

"That was my reaction too." I admit, shrugging as he glances up at me.

"It was?"

"Hell yeah!" I exclaim, "This was definitely not the plan." I walk over, resting against his desk beside him.

"Definitely not." He agrees, his eyes fixed on the wall.

"Anyway, I just thought you should know, in case you want to be a part of their life."

"Are you serious?" He snaps his head towards me, "Of course I do!" He declares, "How can you even doubt that?"

"I don't know you anymore Brett." I mutter and he shakes his head, looking back at the wall.

"I haven't changed that much."

"But I don't know that." I remind him before we descend into a short silence, "So you want to be involved?"

"Of course." He looks back at me, smiling slightly, "Savannah I'm not some jerk that you had one night with and didn't know anything about."

"I know that." I admit, before tearing my eyes away from his deeply entrancing ocean blue eyes. "That's why it'll be easier to co-parent."

"Co-parent?" He echoes and I nod, pushing away from the desk and standing in front of him.

"Yeah." I shrug, "We can do like fifty-fifty custody or whatever."

"Sav..."

"What? I think that's the best idea." I assert and he sighs.

"I don't know whether it is."

"What does that mean? You want to take the baby away from me entirely?"

"No! I would never!" He quickly counters, standing up straight and taking a step towards me, "I just meant there are other options."

"Like what?"

"Bringing the baby up together." He says, as though it is actually a feasible option.

"We will be." I mutter, "As co-parents."

"I'm not sure that's what I want." He argues softly, taking a step closer and grabbing hold of a loose tendril of my hair, looping it behind my ear. The slight touch on my skin sends tingles of excitement throughout my body and I quickly step backwards, away from him.

"I-I need to go." I stutter, "I'll contact you." I finish before whirling around and throwing myself out of his office and back into the elevator, my brain absolutely shot to bits after that encounter.