93 ~ April

"I really don't want to go." I moan as I watch Becky pin her hair up.

"Me neither!" Zara agrees from beside me.

"Girls. You are both doing fantastic." Becky lectures, turning back to face us, "It's time to rub it in people's faces."

"I'm in a job I hate. I'm knocked up. And single." I reply and Zara can't help but giggle.

"But you look beautiful!" Becky retorts.

"Becky!" I whine.

"We're going to this reunion!" She snaps, "So hush! Both of you!"

"I preferred her when she wasn't our friend!" Zara mutters, a smirk on her face.

"Me too!"

"Shut up!" Becky almost squeals, "You two would be lost without me!"

"How's the dress for Alice coming Bec?" I ask her, our apartment having been covered with sketches for the last week. Hell, I even found three rolls of yellow and pink ribbon in the bath tub yesterday.

"It's hard!" She admits, "But I think it's alright! She wants gold, which is the hardest color to work with."

"It is?" Zara echoes, standing up and smoothing her dress down.

"You've got make sure it hits the light right and doesn't end up looking yellow!" Becky replies in an obvious tone.

"I'm sure you'll smash it Becky!" I assure her.

"This is Alice Winters." She breathes out, staring at the mirror, "If I get this right it could open my business up to all the A-Listers!"

"You'll get it right!"

"You definitely will!" I agree with Zara.

"I appreciate your support girls!" She smiles, turning around to face us, "How do I look?" She places her hands on her hips.

"Gorgeous!" 

"Likewise!" She replies to Zara.

"Really?" Zara raises an eyebrow, "I feel like a candy cane!"

"Stripes are in at the moment Zara." Becky retorts, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "And green and white suit you."

"At least you aren't trying to hide a stomach." I pipe up, scowling at myself in the mirror.

"Really Sav?" Zara raises an eyebrow, "Look at you! Many women would kill to have a bump as small as yours right now!"

"I know but I just look slightly fat! You can't tell that I'm pregnant."

"I can't deal with this." Becky exclaims, throwing her hands up, "The dress I made you hides it anyway."

"I know Bec!" I smile, grabbing hold of her and pulling her in for a hug, "I love it."

"You two really do test my patience!"

"You love us though!" Zara giggles and Becky rolls her eyes, picking up her silver clutch from the side.

"Let's go!" She smiles and I nod, following her out of the room, Zara close behind.

*~*~*

Stepping into the crowded hall I feel my stomach begin to churn as my eyes start to pick out familiar faces. 

Ed, the chubby mascot is still recognizable from his cheeks, but other than that he appears to have thinned out, drink in hand as he laughs with Kate, the cheerleader who I once walked in and saw straddling Brett.