68 ~ July

"Thank you very much Savannah." Mr Elidees grins and I smile in response. "I don't have another case for you yet, so feel free to take the afternoon off. Paid of course!" He finishes and my smile gets wider.

"Thank you Sir!" I exclaim before leaving the office and starting down the corridor.

"I hear you just got the Welshire report in two weeks early!" Lydia hisses, a smile on her face as she begins walking with me.

"I did!" I grin and she reaches her hand up to high five me.

"Good going girl!" She exclaims, "Us girls will take over this company yet." She whispers and I laugh, grabbing hold of my black bag from under my desk.

"He said I could go early."

"Lucky!" She declares, "I wish I could enjoy the Summer sun." She scowls before grinning at me, "Enjoy your week!"

"See you next Thursday!" I smile at her before turning and walk towards the elevator, bag slung over my shoulder.

I quickly get in, and as soon as the doors shut behind me I pull my flat slip on shoes out my bag and get out of the black heels, chucking them where the flats used to be. Absolute Heaven.

The elevator dings and I swiftly get out and walk towards the glass doors at the front of the building, pushing them open and walking out into the Summer air.

I'd kept my dorm room for as long as I possibly could so that I could stay up here Wednesday nights and not rush into the city for my internship each Thursday, but three weeks ago I'd been told to get out so they could get it ready for the new students, Elena and I opting to rent a house with Polly and Louise in our second year. I wonder if they'll clean the footprint off the ceiling? Becky and I decided to add our own right next to it when we were drunk, a nice line of three different sized footprints, mine almost child size in comparison.

Since then Brett has given me a lift on the Thursdays we're in Edgewater Valley, with him spending four days a week working for his Father in the city. He stays in his college house some of the week, being able to keep it through Summer, and Edgewater the other half, both of us making sure we have time to see each other at the weekends.

Last night we'd stayed in his college house, ordered in a Chinese takeaway and watched movies from his bed. I'd picked Grease and whilst I'd like to say we watched the entire film, we got distracted halfway through, instead turning to each other for entertainment.

Being given the day off is great, but my ride back to Edgewater Valley still has four hours of work left and no-one I know is in the city during the Summer. Making an executive decision I turn right, heading downtown towards the Winters Atlantic building.

*~*~*

I'm exhausted from the heat of the sun by the time I push the door to the building open half hour later and make my way to the elevator, the building so busy that security don't even have a chance to spot me. I should warn Brett about that.

Sliding into the elevator I carefully push passed a few people to press the top floor, remembering Brett boasting about how his office has the best view. The ride up is slow, numerous people moving in and out of the elevator on every level and I find myself biting my lip, wondering whether it's a good idea to have come to his office and surprise him. He's probably busy.

Finally stepping out of the elevator on the top floor I glance around the large office and grimace. Just great.

"Excuse me?" I say to the smartly dressed guy walking passed me. "Please could you direct me to Brett Winters' office?"