Chapter 15

ARTHUR

"You are all dismissed, thank you for coming." I ended the meeting and walked out of the meeting room to my office room. "What's my next schedule?" I asked my secretary as I stepped into the lift with him.

Mark, my secretary, scrolled on his tablet. "For now you are free, Boss. But you have a meeting with Alex Benedict from Benedict & Co. at 3 P.M in Oasis Restaurant."

"Okay, remind me again at 2."

"Will do, Boss." He set an alarm on his phone. "Oh and while you were at the meeting, your family came and asked for you. They are waiting in your office room."

"You mean my wife?"

Why would Thea come here anyway?

Mark shook his head. "No, not Mrs.. A woman with 2 kids. She said she is your cousin."

My cousin?

"Okay, thanks Mark."

"You're welcome, Boss." He left to his room, which was just beside mine.

I opened my office room and was surprised to see who my guests were.

"Uncle Arthur!"

I was attacked with a group hug, by none other than my cousin's kids. I froze on my spot.

"Close your mouth, Arthur." Cynthia, my cousin, grinned as she pulled me into hug. "Sorry we came without notice, I hope we are not bothering you."

I was just recovering from my shock, I turned to her. "What on Earth are you doing here in London? I haven't seen you for like 5 years."

She sighed. "I know, I haven't been around since the divorce, I'm really sorry. My life was so tough back then. But now we are here. The kids are on holiday so we decided to come."

Cynthia was one of my cousins from my mother's side. She was the closest cousin to me. We grew up together ever since her mother (my aunt) passed away when she was only 10. Her father was never really around, so my parents took care of her. She got married to some guy called Terry, who was later abusive towards her. They divorced 3 years later, she then moved to Australia with her kids to start a new life and I hadn't seen her since.

Regardless, I was happy to meet her again.

"I'm so glad you came back, Cynthia. And you monkeys," I looked at my nephew and niece. "I'm glad to see you both too. You guys have grown up so much since the last time I saw you."

The kids giggled. "You look so old now." Elliot, the oldest kid grinned at me.

"Wow you've got some serious words there, buddy. I wonder who taught you that." I glanced at my cousin. It was obvious that Elliot got the sarcasm from her.

Cynthia raised both her hands. "Don't look at me, I'm not at fault here."

Jade, the sister, hugged me once again. "I have missed you, uncle Arthur! When can you read me a bedtime story?"

"Well, if your mum agree that you guys stay in my house, I will read you a new bedtime story." I winked at her, making her giggled.

"Oh Arthur that's so kind of you, but we don't want to bother. I can rent a motel for a few days." Cynthia chimed in.

"Don't be ridiculous, I'm not going to let you and the kids stay in a motel. I have spare bedrooms in my house ready for you."

"Yessss! Please, mummy, can we stay with uncle Arthur?" Elliot begged.

"Please, mummy, I want to play with uncle Arthur." Jade followed.

Cynthia looked unsure then looked at me. "Are you sure we are not bothering you?"