Chapter 1

"You wanted to see me mommy?"

Marina's eyes drifted from her long clear glass desk, to the octoling who had entered the room. Her daughter.

Agent 8.

The octoling's tentacles were a glittery silver, the hive mind glasses currently resting on her forehead, the previous agent's bright grey eyes blinking in curiosity. Marina nodded, staying in her position on her seat as she stared 8 in the eyes. "Have you found Mizuta yet?" 8 bit her lip before silently shaking her head. "N-No.. I'm so-"
"Don't stutter when speaking to me 8. We've talked about this."
8 silently and quickly nodded. "No. I'm sorry, we still can't find her." Marina sighed. Oh how easy it would be to sanitize 8. A daughter who could actually follow her orders and find that one simple traitor in her perfect world. Word that Mizuta had been helping the few remaining un captured members of team chaos had spread, and marina wanted her here and sanitized instantly.
Maybe having Callie, (who was obviously second in command now that the octoling overlord had taken pearl out of the picture) see her precious girlfriend sanitized would be enough to convince her to surrender with this little untouchable rebellion underground.

Alas, Mizuta was too good at staying hidden. And she couldn't sanitize 8 to get the job done because marina would never admit it, but she would miss the conversations with her daughter that kept her slightly sane still.
A better punishment would be sanitizing 8's girlfriend, agent 3. She didn't like being told what to do and was very difficult not to snap at, and was only kept unsantized for the sole reason that marina didn't want to put 8 through that again after what happened in the metro.

Waving her hand dismissively, marina sighed. "Very well. Get 3 and announce the stages. If she says no remind her of what will happen to anyone who disobeys." As if on cue, marine could see from the reflection in her table that outside the large spacious window behind her, a pod of sanitized octocopters flew right past her. 8 flinched at the sight, nodding as she began making her way to the door way. She paused though, the younger octoling's eyes glancing to her mothers. "..how much longer are we going to keep her down ther-" marina cut 8 off almost instantly with a cold harsh expression. 8 had asked this question many times about her.

"As long as it takes for her to surrender her sanity to our perfect world 8. As long as it takes."