Chapter 3

(Slight like, yandere type stuff so if your not into that don't read on for this chapter)

Silence covered the large nearly empty chamber. Everything was pitch black, and the former idol's eyes had already adjusted to it within the time she'd been kept here. How long was that? She had no idea. Her arms were chained to the walls, legs to floor. She could barely move. It was all empty besides a box in the corner. She never bothered asking what was in it. She didn't want to know. The silence was deafening to the inkling. She hated it. Trying to yell at all only resulted in punishments. She didn't even look up when a door opened, and the light that rarely got to grace the room poured in, even with her eyes on the ground, the inkling squinted at it slightly with how bright it was compared to what she was used to, her voice low and scratchy with how little she talked now.

"Your early 8."

"So she has been visiting you."

Pearl's head jerked up in an instant, golden eyes narrowed into slits at the tall octoling walking in the room.

Marina.

"So what if she has. Don't blame her. I never told her to stop coming."

Marina gave a small sigh, shaking her head and walking closer to pearl. The shorter inkling tried to jerk backwards, but it was difficult with her chained slightly into the air, the restrictions on her wrists and ankles incredibly tight. "I don't blame her. She still loves you because she hasn't been sanitized yet, and probably won't ever because 3 will have my head." Pearl scoffed at the excuse, rolling her eyes. "Then why don't you just sanitize them both? Face it. Somewhere down there is the woman I fell in love with, who has the softest spot ever for our daughter. You love her still." Marina's eyes narrowed as well, and she tapped her foot impatiently. "Don't forget who your talking too and who's the one not chained up right now Pearlie-"

"Don't call me that."

Pearl hissed the words out, each of them laced with a venomous tone that marina didn't even flinch at. The octoling leader simply grabbed the inkling's chin, lifting her head up so she could look at her properly with a small smirk. Pearl only growled, but didn't resist. "Why don't you just sanitize me already? Why do you even still keep me down here." Marina sighed, placing her other hand on the side of Pearl's face and stroking her cheek. "Because of your little dumb 'rebellion' pearl. If I let you go you'd go running right back to them and try and stop my orderly world. Your only here because my world isn't perfect without you in it~" pearl rolled her eyes, eventually leaning slightly into Marina's touch. "Is it perfect with Marie following your order's like a robot and all our friends actin like mindless zombies?" Marina frowned, pulling her hands away and crossing her arms. Pearl didn't stop speaking though, resisting the urge to break into a coughing fit. "What happened to you mar? When you won the fest you said you wanted nothing to change. You wanted inkopolis to stay the same. You went against chaos because you were afraid of inkopolis changing. What the shell made you change our home into nothin but silver and gray buildings with everyone being sanitized to make sure no rules are broken??" The octoling leader glared for a tiny bit. "I did what I had to do. It was the best idea and I'm lucky he presented it to me. He's a great helper and like a second conscious, and maybe if you weren't so eager to join up with your new girlfriend Callie to stop my perfect world, I would let you join us. My offer still stands, whenever your ready hun." Pearl only let out a sigh. "Callie is not my girlfriend. For the last time, she's dating Mizuta. I'm also not your hun anymore. And I'm not gonna join up with you and that slimy telephone to mind control everyone we've ever loved and cared about." Marina gave a prissy huff. "Right, she's with that team order traitor. You do know the moment we catch her and sanitize her before she can find where your location is, your chaotic order rebellion will be no more, right?" Pearl only gave an empty, hollow chuckle. "You think I care what happens to anyone anymore? You think I care about whether Mizuta finds me or not? You think I care about whether everyone who isn't already, gets sanitized or not?" Marina raised an eyebrow. "You seemed to care whether 8 gets sanitized or not." Pearl gave a low growl. "8's different. You care about her too. My point is my sanity's long gone by now. You only keep me around because a sick twisted part of you thinks that I still love you anymore. When I don't. Your feelings are one sided now Marina. Get out of my sight." Marina sighed, shaking her head. "Your no fun." She mumbled, before turning around and walking towards the exit. Before she left, her head turned towards Pearl's direction one last time. "If you don't love me anymore, you wouldn't of let me hold your pretty little face. A part of you still has that hope. And I will use it to convince you eventually." With that, marina left, slamming the door and leaving the captured inkling to her dark empty room again, with nothing but her thoughts to drive her further into her silent madness as she broke into multiple coughs.