Chapter 8

Comet gave an uneasy glance at the hallway in front of them once the elevator came to a close, the silver walls lined with nothing but paintings of a telephone comet didn't recognize. He turned to look at the others, noticing 8 was shaking slightly and looking down, Callie had her eyes narrowed, Mizuta staying behind her. The salmonling blinked.

"Who's the telephone?"

Callie sucked in a breath before answering. "His name is tartar. Aside from marina, he's behind all this. Pearl, marina, agent 3, and agent 8 dealt with him once before. He used to kidnap octoling's from tav's army and sanitize them, which is what he did to Mizuta.. he also tried to kill 8 and brainwash 3." Comet let his gaze drift back to 8, his gaze softening.

Poor octo..

"Think we'll have to deal with him..?" He asked in a quiet voice. 8 shook her head no. "No, T.. King, Tartar never comes down here. He leaves marina in charge of watching over pearl. We don't have to worry about him. But we should probably hurry before we alert someone." Mizuta nodded in agreement, 8 stepping out of the elevator and leading the group down the hall. She stopped at one spot of the light blue carpet on the ground. The octoling lifted it up, revealing a door on the ground with 3 key holes. 8 pulled out of her pocket 3 keys, bending down and unlocking every section.

Wow. Can't believe marina keeps pearl so heavily guarded..

Lifting up the door once it was unlocked, comet peered down to see a long stone stair case leading downwards. There were a few hanging lamps to light it, but comet still couldn't see the bottom. He shuddered, wishing 4 was here right now.

Be brave. You gotta be brave.

The salmonling nervously stayed in the back as he followed the others down the stairway, getting lost in thought as something clicked in him.

He was about to meet pearl.

The pearl.

The original rebellion leader, previous idol and news anchor, and the cephalopod who was going to hopefully bring this all back to normal.

Ok, rescue mission first, fanboy later.

Switching back into serious mode, the group of 4 stopped at a large metal door with another keyhole. Mizuta groaned. "Geez she has this place heavily secured.." 8 sighed and nodded, fumbling in her pocket for the final key. "Mom.. mom still loves momma. She's just showing it in a new way ever since she became like this. Momma told me she doesn't love mom anymore and I shouldn't too.. but.. I can just tell there's a part of her that still does. And there's a part of marina that knows this is wrong." 8 glanced at the others as she pulled out her key. "And I'm hoping you guys can show them both that." Callie quickly leaned forwards, pulling 8 into a hug. Comet and Mizuta watched the two for a few moments before they pulled apart, 8 smiling softly before unlocking the door.

It swung open slowly with a slight creek. Comet had to squint his eyes once he entered. There was no light what so ever, only the faint light from the staircase slightly illuminating the front of the huge room. In the very center though, was a small inkling, her head down, and her arms and legs chained to the walls and floor, leaving her hanging midair.

Pearl.

Everyone was frozen, unsure of what to do, until callie stepped forwards.

"P.. Pearl? Is that you..?"

The inkling's head very quickly shot up, staring at the group with wide dull golden eyes. "C.. Callie.." Pearl's voice was raspy, and once comet's eyes adjusted to the dark, he could slightly see the shape she was in. The ex idol was covered in scars and bruises that hadn't had a chance to properly heal. She looked super frail, and her pink tipped tentacles looked almost brown with how dull they were. Mizuta began walking towards pearl, immediately running her hands along the chains. "We're gonna get you out of here."