Flash Back

Order had won.

A shock for every member of inkopolis.

Team chaos had so many people on it. So much hopes for it. Marina had to admit she was a little upset to see Pearl's disappointed face when the shocking news flashed on the screen, shown to all of inkopolis.

Team order won the final splatfest.

And while callie and Marie had grown distant,  marina and pearl stayed the same. They were married and in love. Nothing could change that. Marina had already made the announcement on the news. Her version of inkopolis, was nothing but the way it's always been. Just that she wanted everyone to be treated equally. She had said this not just for her, as at that moment memories of what had happened in her first tour around inkopolis flashed through her mind, but for 8. Her daughter. And all the other octolings coming to the surface still. She wanted them to be happy here. She wanted them to come in with a warm welcome, and not live in fear. Different to how her thoughts and experiences were when she first visited the surface.

All other members of Marina's little team order squadron had gone back to their regular daily lives. Except marina, agent 3, and Marie. 8 would of joined them, but the younger octoling had insisted on taking the day to hang out with agent 4, Pearl, and the other chaos members. Marina admired her daughter's kindness.

"So, you sure you want inkopolis to stay like this?"

Marina snapped out of her thoughts at agent 3's words, giving a small smile and nodding. "Mhm. I'm positive. Inkopolis is great how it is! It's a nice city with something for everyone. I don't want to change that."

3 had her arm propped up on the table, resting her hand against it as she popped open the soda she was drinking, taking a sip before placing it down on the table of the studio. They all currently were hanging out there. "I just think you could of thought about it more. Literally this city could be however you want. But hey, your choice marina." Marie shrugged. "Personally I like Marina's choice. I think we should just celebrate our victory while we can before the salty chaos try hards ruin everything." The sentence was punctuated with an eye roll from the cuttlefish.

Marina rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Pearlie won't let that happen." Marie shrugged, leaning back in her chair. "More then half the city chose team chaos. Pearl won the popularity vote even. She can't be sure almost half the whole freaking city doesn't get out of control. Especially with the condition she's in now."

Marina sighed. It was true. After more then a day of singing non stop with the concerts in the square, and having to do thousands of killer wails in the shifty station stage, pearl was drained. Her voice blown out. She couldn't even speak, and marina had been forcing her to rest in bed, hence why team chaos was hanging out at their mansion. She had to admit though, it was cute seeing pearl and 4 talk together a bit more with sign language.

"Still. A lot more people like pearl now then they used to. If she says not to bash on our team, they'll listen." Marie rolled her eyes again. "Whatever mar." The octoling smiled slightly, before standing up. "Where are you going?" 3 asked, sitting up more slightly. "Mizuta told me before I go pick her up that there's something in the metro she left behind. Says she's too afraid to go down and get it herself." Marie nodded. "Got it. Be back soon ok?" Marina nodded as well. "Will do."

* * *

Marina slipped into the abandoned studio silently. Kamabo co had a lot of creepy stuff in its labs, but the studio Mizuta was being held captive at when she was sanitized was one of the creepiest in Marina's opinions. She made quick work of grabbing the other octoling's headphones she'd left behind, and the box of music discs. Balancing the items, marina made her way back through the corporation's rooms and back to the metro, where she took a seat and gave a friendly smile towards C.Q cumber as the train began back to the surface station. Marina nearly dropped the stuff in her arms as suddenly, the metro jerked to a halt. C.Q slithered his way towards marina, as the metro door's opened.