Epilogue 1/4

(Author's note: I originally wanted to release every epilogue at once but, it's been too long and you guys can go ahead and have the first one, as a thank you for being so supportive of this story! while the last 4 chapters of this story are titled as epilogues, I personally consider them still part of the story, so it's HIGHLY recommended you read them too. If you want to consider the previous chapter the ending though, that's perfectly ok with me. Please also note these next 4 chapters will be a lot more longer than the previous ones.)

The boxes were heavy.

And comet chose to focus all his attention on that. Because if he didn't, his mind would drift.

It's been about 3 months since the rebellion had officially finished unsanitizing the whole city. Which, should of felt longer. But it didn't. It felt like everything happened only yesterday. They weren't even called the rebellion any more, because what were they rebelling against now? No, Marie, claiming the role as leader with Pearl's permission, chose to go back to the squidbeak splatoon, since that agency was for helping inkopolis because of threats and the description seemed more accurate to the after effects.

Buildings were torn down, the first being marina and tartar's office tower. The city was beginning to look like it used to. (At least, according to his friends. He had never seen more than glimpses from the islands far off of grizzco.) As marina had promised, salmonids and salmonlings were allowed to live among the inklings. Grizzco had gone out of business because of this, becoming nothing but an old warehouse tons of cephalopods looted for the abandoned rewards.

Comet was more than satisfied to see its downfall.

That being said: he had no where to go. He had nowhere to live, no money to make that happen (turf war was attempting to be modified for salmonlings, but that process would take a while so that method was out of the picture), and he sure as shell wasn't gonna bother his friends about it.

Yet Pearl had asked him the question, and not wanting to lie to the pearl, he murmured his fears and to his utter shock, the ex idol had offered him to bunk with her until she "finished some plans."

Not questioning things, he agreed. And now Comet, a salmonling who had grown up with absolutely nothing, was living in a mansion with the main person responsible for bringing balance back.

Temporarily.

The plan ended up being that Pearl was going to find and move in with her brothers ("you have brothers?" He had asked, not recalling hearing this before. He did remember pearl wanting to leave before they fully finished the unsanitization process so it made sense why she was eager to see them), and comet would get the mansion and pearl backing him up to get a job. In the temporary time they lived together they often ended up falling asleep in one of many TV rooms.

Sometimes comet would wake up in the middle of the night, see pearl, and be unable to move, remembering a time where the inkling's skin was a sickly pale green, and they were not in a mansion, but an arena, one with a look in her eyes that instantly showed she was ready to kill him right then and there. And he would end up walking into a random nearby room and collapsing into sleep there instead.

Not before locking the door first though. Just Incase.

And now comet had offered to carry a box for pearl on the way to her brother's home. It wasn't a box of her belongings, but stuff pearl wanted to bring to her brothers for them.

In the time Comet spent in Pearl's mansion they didn't talk to each other too much. Everyone had told him pearl was very talkative. That she was energetic and constantly wanting to do things, and she was one of the loudest people they've ever known.