Epilouge 3/4

Authors note

I have to be honest with you guys. I don't like splatoon as much as I used to. I'm in a lot of different fandoms now, and a lot of things have happened in my life that's just given me writers block. I haven't written anything in over 3 months. But, I wanna finish this for you guys. I wanna try and get back into splatoon so I can give you guys the story's you loved again. I got semi popular for splatoon so heck it, let's embrace it!

I missed you guys, hope you enjoy this chapter :)

3 am.

Through all the light pollution and the chaos, the stars still shone bright. It's like they didn't care about the events of the world on earth. Their goal was to shine so they did. It was poetic in a way.

"Maybe we should write the song about that?" Agent 4 signed, sitting criss crossed on the wooden floor surrounded by crumpled up papers that didn't fit in the trash can.

Comet sighed, running a claw through his hair. "Maybe? How would that work. Would people wanna hear something similar to that or something more upbeat?" His tail swished away a few stray papers and broken pencils.

The two were in Agent 4's old apartment, the one she bought when she first moved to Inkopolis. It hadn't been used in ages because she also met marie not too long after that and then practically lived with her from there on out, leaving the place with empty boxes, some filled with stuff she bought.

She had approached Comet with the idea she had shared with Marie, and he had instantly accepted. So they decided her place was the best for a studio to work on a song to pitch, and 4 was absolutely ecstatic to clean the place that hadn't been used in a year for anything other than storage. It gave her something to do that was different and comet seemed to be feeling the same way.

But now they had their studio, the materials, 4 was doing her best to learn the technological aspects and Comet had been practicing singing, but all that was left was the first song. To which they had nothing.

"Maybe we should do a cover of Calamari Inkantation and call it a day?" The salmonling suggested. 4 thought about that.

"No, it's unoriginal and wouldn't give inkopolis a good idea of what we can do."

Comet sighed. "Squidtube break?"

The squid nodded, giving a small smile. "Squidtube break."

So the agent went and retrieved her phone, and they sat down together in the empty room on some pillows she had to dig out from the untouched boxes, and watched some video game play throughs for half an hour, the volume quieter than she would of liked as to not disturb Little Judd, who had moved in and was sleeping in the other room.

"Video game soundtracks are catchy." Comet eventually murmured. 4 nodded, fighting to keep her eyes open. The salmon's eyes trailed towards her, and he slowly moved to grab his pillow from underneath him, and gently smacked 4 with it. "Stay awake or I'm gonna start a pillow fight!" The squid giggled. "Hey! Where'd you learn about pillow fights?" She signed, sitting up. Comet laughed in return. "I watched a video about them last night! Squidtube recommends the coolest things about inkling culture it's super neat-"

Smack!

He blinked, looking up at 4 who had her own pillow now, grinning.

And with that declaration of battle, the great salmon squid apartment pillow war began.

It wasn't even 15 minutes later when box forts were already being constructed. Comet crept around the house, all senses alert for his friend.

Half of 4 was wanting to use her agent instincts  but the other half quietly laughed to herself on purpose. Where was the fun in taking this seriously?