Chapter 7

The rebellion group and the inkling silently but quickly made there way through the city. Agent 3 never got used to how eerily empty the once bustling city was time to time when a turf war was going on. It was creepy in her opinion. At least it was easier to lead a band of cepholopods through the city this way.

3 desperately wanted to join them. She desperately wanted to live in the metro with them. Throw the silver and blue headset she wore off her face, stay with 4, help out callie, and protect her friends. Yet it pained her she couldn't.

She already made a choice and it was too late to go back. Even if she wanted too.

Eventually, they reached it. The tall, silver building where marina made her H.Q. the only place she let 8 be. 3 held out her hand slightly and motioned silently towards the back of the building. Callie nodded, the others following the two towards the back. 3 stopped at a back door with a silver plate next to it. She placed her hand on the plate, standing completely still.

"Ashley Chiba"

"Access granted"

The door slid open silently, and 3 motioned for them to follow her in. 4 gave a hesitant gaze, and 3 watched as comet put an arm around her.

I don't trust him yet, but as long as he's nice to 4...

3 stepped in first, looking around. Octavio gave a low grumble. "Ok we're in. Where the heck is 8?" 3 was quick to shush him. "Keep it down. If marina finds us we're dead and so is everyone else on chaos." The ex Octarian king gave a harsh glare, yet stayed silent. "Ok, it's safer if I call 8 down here. I don't want to lead you all straight to marina."

Or that telephone.

3 pressed a button on the side of her headset. In a few seconds, a familiar voice rang through her ears that made her relax slightly as a small smile made its way across the yellow green inkling's face.

"3? What's up? Aren't you supposed to be guarding the turf war arena?"

"Hey hun. Are you busy right now? How are you doing by the way?"

"Nope! Not busy at all! I just finished some work with the weapons, but yeah I'm free! And I'm doing good, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, thanks for aski-"

Octavio let out a groan. "Cut the romance already, our lives are at stake here! You can go be gay later." He hissed. 3 held her finger to her mouth as a signal to stay quiet.

"Anyway, you think you can come down to the first floor? By the back? We got some guests."

"3 if it's the scientists again.. tell mommy I said I can't be the one to escort them-"

"It's not the scientists. Just come down here, please."

"..ok, give me a minute. I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, 3 leaned against the wall. Ignoring the glaring of Octavio. She half expected callie to say something, since she always usually would always say stuff like "aww!" Or "you two are sooooo cute!" Whenever 3 publicly acted all romantic with 8. But instead the cuttlefish had her head down, her golden eyes dull with a faraway look as she was lost in thought already. 3 frowned, her gaze softening. What happened to them. What happened to her..?

"Ok! I'm here! What's wro-"

3 turned her head towards her girlfriend's voice, smiling faintly at the look of utter shock on her face at the sight of the others. There were two seconds of silence before 4 ran and tackle hugged the octoling, and the inkling could hear a small sniffle from her. 8 seemed shocked but very quickly returned the hug.

"MAYA! OH MY COD YOU'RE ALIVE!"

3 moved closer towards them in time to see 4 signing.

"Why does everyone keep thinking I'm dead? I thought I'd never see you again!"

8 leapt onto 4, clinging onto her and giving her a tight hug. 3 moved closer, wrapping her arms around them both and joining in. The three shared a group hug for a few more moments, enjoying the rush of nostalgia coursing through them, as if this could of just been any regular day. Where the three of them were hugging before deciding to do something in the plaza together, knowing for certain they would see each other again tomorrow once this day was done.

But it wasn't a regular day. They had inkopolis's fate at hand.

3 and 4 pulled away as Callie ran over and hugged 8 extremely tightly. 8 giggled and hugged back, Mizuta walking over. 8 gasped. "Aunt ahato!!!" The agent said cheerfully before hugging her as well. Mizuta smiled fondly and hugged back. Octavio rolled his eyes, but didn't fight back when 8 ran over and hugged the giant octopus as well, the ex king just staying frozen in place. "Don't think you're being left out too!" 8 then ran towards comet, giving a curious look. "Oooo who's this?" Callie grinned. "That's comet! Our agent 7!" 8 gasped and hugged him too. "Nice to meet you!" Comet seemed startled, but very slowly patted her back and returned the hug.

8 finally pulled away, staring at everyone with a soft smile. 3 couldn't help but smile as well. "I missed you all so much, but what are you doing here?? It's dangerous!! And 3 you need to be at the turf war before they realize you're not there, you'll get in trouble again!" Comet tilted his head to the side. "Again..?" The salmonling's eye's drifted to 3's scar and bruise covered arm, and 3 very quickly yanked her sleeve down to cover it and sent a glare to the fellow agent that made him very quickly look away. "That's not important. Look I'll get back to the arena I promise. They're looking for pearl and I wanted to get them to you safely since you know where she Is." 8 nodded, a serious look fading onto her face. "Oh, yeah I know where momma is. I can take you all too her, but I think it'd be better if some of you stayed behind. It's took risky to bring all 5 of you with me." Callie sighed. "You're right. I hate to sound selfish but I need to be part of the people going. I.. I need to see pearl." Mizuta stepped up. "Well I'm not leaving you." The octoling linked arms with the rebellion leader, Callie giving her a smile. 4 shoved comet forwards before signing. "I think comet should go! Me and Octavio can keep watch and be sure no one follows you guys." 8 nodded. "That could work. 3, you need to get back. I'll take them to her safely, don't worry!" 3 gave a soft sigh. She didn't want to leave everyone so soon. She'd just gotten to see them after so long..

But maybe, if they were successful, it wouldn't be too long before she'd see them again. She'd have to keep hope.

3 moved towards 8, lifting the octoling's face and pressing a kiss to her lips before moving towards the door, leaving behind a very blushy octoling. "I'll catch you guys later hopefully. Don't get sanitized." Octavio rolled his eyes. "Ha ha, very funny." 4 looked nervous though. "4 I'm joking. They got this." 3 reassured, before standing in the doorway. She took one last look at them all.

Her friends.

Her family.

"Good luck." Was the agent's final words before silently leaving the building.