Chapter 2

The thuds of the previous squid sister's boots echoed throughout the metro train. Callie's once bright and gold eyes were now dull and tired looking, as they always were nowadays. The passengers of the metro stared at her with what could only be described as a pitiful gaze, yet a welcoming one nonetheless. Callie remembered the day 8 had brought her and Marie down here for the first time. Her promise to bring them to inkopolis if Team chaos won echoed through her mind.

Great, another migraine.

Callie took her usual spot, eyes glued to the ground with her shoulders slumped, a small squelching noise could be heard next to her.

"You really shouldn't wear that thing all the time. It isn't healthy for moving on."

"It's the last thing she gave me C.Q."

Callie reached on top of her head, her fingers brushing over the cream crown tipped with pink as tears threatened to spill. Cod she missed pearl. It was so difficult running the remaining members of team chaos that weren't captured and sanitized without her.
Cod marina.. what happened to her.. she used to be so cheerful and calm, and open minded..

The final fest really took a toll on everyone.

A sigh was heard from the small train conductor. "If you insist miss Callie. So, what's the status for the rebellion this time?" The cuttlefish paused for a moment. "4's crying.. again. Octavio still is surprisingly being tame. Says he rather stop this madness with us then work under the control of his previous engineer. Mizuta hasn't returned yet, which is why I'm here again, and everyone else is still just trying to stay alive." C.Q nodded, peering at the crown in Callie's hands. "Rations will be delivered soon. You really should just wait for your girlfriend to get in the metro herself though instead of picking her up with me. The stop by inkopolis is more dangerous now that marina knows the rebellion lies somewhere in the metro." Callie shrugged, placing the crown back on top of her head. "I have to be sure she's ok."

The metro eventually came to a stop. Callie instinctively crawled underneath the metro seat, shifting to her squid form and moving to hide behind iso padre's luggage. The clanking Of boots from the guards filled the metro train, and Callie could feel her breathing quicken as she fought to stay silent.

"No, there are no rebellion members in here. They only hitched a ride to wherever they are hiding out without my knowledge. For the 100th time sir, the metro is clear."

There were some audible mumblings from the guard's at C.Q Cumber's repeated lie for everytime the guard's came. Callie squeezed her eyes shut, trembling slightly and wrapping her tentacles around herself. She'd done this so many times at this point, she had no idea why she was still this terrified.
The fear of getting caught after what Mizuta found out happened to pearl was just too much.
Eventually, there was silence. Callie didn't dare open her eyes or move out yet. Until, she felt something brushing aside the suitcase she was behind. Callie froze in place, tears forming in the squid's eyes as cold dreadful fear took her over.

"Cal?"

The fear instantly drained away into relief at the sight of the familiar octoling DJ. Mizuta scooped her up in her scarred up arms, more cuts visible this time as she held Callie close to her, sitting down in the metro seat. "Shh.. it's ok cal. The guards are gone. I got here safely, everything's ok." Callie's shaking slowly died down, and she shifted very slowly out of squid form, still sitting on her girlfriends lap. Being wrapped in mizuta's arms made her feel more at ease, as the current rebellion leader rested her head against her girlfriend's shoulder, closing her eyes. One of mizuta's arms moved towards Callie's head, stroking her tentacles. "Stressful day again?" The cuttlefish nodded silently. Mizuta sighed, turning her head to press a kiss to Callie's forehead. "It'll be ok. I found someone who has more information on where pearl is being kept. We can have her back soon, you don't have to be leader anymore, and we can fix inkopolis." Mizuta rested her head against Callie's, also closing her eyes as she stayed hugging her girlfriend. "Then afterwards we can go on a date together, and just be happy. Ok?" Callie nodded sleepily, giving a small kiss to her girlfriend's neck as she stayed snuggled against her on her lap. "That sounds nice."

"I love you cal."

"I love you too f1sh."