Chapter 6

Agent 4 could feel the weight of lil Judd in her hoodie as they walked into an alley way. The inkling only silently listened to the conversation between Octavio and Callie as the group moved towards their hiding spot for now, not bothering to put in any input.

"are you sure we can trust that octoling? What if he's just a spy for marina, or his information was wrong."

"Pfft, tav, the metro tunnel the rebellion is in is filled with weapons, remember? You really think anyone in there is going to let one octoling do any harm? Besides, if he wanted to go give the information of where we're hiding to marina, he'd have to have C.Q. Drive him back, and small reminder he's on our side."

"....don't call me tav."

The group of 5 stopped at the alleyway. 4 scooped lil Judd out of her hoodie, holding the kitten close to her as she leaned against the wall, comet sitting next to her. The salmonling gave her a comforting smile. 4 only gave him a weak smile in return. The agent desperately wanted to find Marie. She needed to know if she was sanitized or not. 4 found herself daydreaming about inkopolis again. How it used to be, as she leaned against comet's shoulder.

Hanging out with 8 and 3

Turf wars and feeling a spark of happiness when she won

Getting to talk with Callie and Marie about random stuff, the two idols becoming as close as family to her

How enjoyable the thought of a splatfest coming used to be

The agent would of started tearing up if she had any tears left at this point. She only gave a dry sniffle, closing her eyes as comet wrapped an arm around her and gave her a gentle side hug.

"It'll be ok 4.. we're gonna fix this."

The quiet rough sounding voice of her friend comforted 4 a little bit, her eyes opening slightly as Callie began speaking.

"Ok, so we know where we need to go to find pearl. All we need now is where 8 is. I have no idea where marina would let her be." Mizuta nodded. "And checking the tower marina lives at is too risky. Too many guards, and the risk of marina herself." The talking of the others faded into background noise for the younger inkling, shifting slightly to get comfortable. Outside was a lot colder then underground, and 4 honestly wished her hero suit wasn't so torn as the wind hit her exposed skin through the holes, causing her to shiver.

Out of the corner of her eyes though, she saw a glimpse of neon green and turquoise head into one of the shops. 4 blinked, placing lil Judd down and getting up. Octavio, Callie, and Mizuta didn't seem to notice as they were still talking. Comet gave her a curious expression, about to get up until 4 held a hand out to him, signaling for him to stay. Comet gave her a reluctant look, hesitating as he seemed to silently debate on letting her go before eventually settling on the ground again. 4 felt relief go through her as she flashed him a grateful glance, sneaking out of the alleyway and heading towards the shop. It was what used to be ammo knights. Blinds were over the window, so 4 couldn't look inside. She desperately hoped what she saw was who she hoped it was. Because if not, she could practically hear Marie's voice scolding her for jumping ahead without thinking things through. A broken bell made a almost silent 'clunk' noise as the door opened, and out stepped an inkling. 4's eyes widened. A genuine smile grew onto her face as she ran forwards and tackled the inkling, who fell to the ground with her on top of her.

"WHAT THE SHELL, GET OFF OF ME YOU-
Wait, 4???"

4 let out a raspy yet excited "woomy!" As 3 sat up, 4 on her lap. It was a huge relief to see 3 wasn't sanitized. Her skin was still the same pale it always had been, minus the large turquoise splotch on the right of her face from when she got hijacked. 3 took a moment to stare at 4 before silently wrapping her arms around her into an almost suffocating hug, that 4 very quickly returned. "Cod I thought you were dead. I actually thought you were dead.." 3 let go reluctantly, and 4 did the same so she could sign. "Well I'm not! And I thought you were sanitized! You have no idea how happy I am to see you!" 3 chuckled, moving her hands towards 4's face to wipe away tears that the yellow inkling didn't even realize were forming. "Hey it's ok. You're lucky everyone else is watching a turf war right now, cus I'm positive we would of attracted some kind of attention by no-"

"4!!"

4 watched 3 instinctively use one arm to pull her close to her, her other arm to hold out a weapon 4 had never seen before. It looked like a splattershot, only silver, and more powerful looking with side modifications. 4 wrapped her arms around 3 again, put relaxed when she saw it was just callie, with Octavio, Mizuta, and comet behind her. 3 blinked. "Are you seriously all here? You know how dangerous that is right?" Callie let out a gasp before running towards them, almost collapsing to the ground as she wrapped her arms around both 3 and 4. 4 moved off of 3's lap so 3 could properly hug callie. "Oh my dear cod your actually ok.." Callie murmured, before pulling away and pointing at 4. The agent could see a few tears in her eyes. "That was extremely reckless! Anyone could of been out here, you shouldn't of left the alleyway without telling us! You're lucky 3 found you-"

"Actually cal, she found me. And you sound like marie right now, calm down. She's ok. You all can stay in the open for the next 30 minutes. There's a turf thingy going on right now." Callie sighed, nodding. "Your right, sorry 4. I just got worried.. I don't want anything to happen to you. 3 I'm so incredibly relieved your ok." Standing back up, Callie grabbed comet's arm and dragged him over. "Oh! And this is commet!! He's our agent 7 now!" 4 could see even though Callie's voice had an energetic tone to it, her eyes still seemed dull, only a little brighter then how they normally were now after seeing 3. The inkling agent stood up, holding a hand towards comet. "Salmonling Huh? Welcome to the squidbeak splatoon." The two shook hands, 4 smiling at them, looking down to see lil Judd rubbing against her leg and purring. 3 noticed and sighed. "You brought a kitten to what's basically a suicide mission?" 4 rolled her eyes.

"He's basically a comfort device for me thank you very much. Plus I wasn't gonna leave him alone."

3 took her turn to roll her eyes. "You'rea lot more sassy and stubborn now miss "used to be so shy and you could spill hot soup on my lap and I'd apologize" girl. Why are you guys here anyway?" Octavio butted in, talking as if the answer was obvious. "Here to take back that rapper friend of your's, duh. My question is why aren't you attacking us? If you're not sanitized it must mean marina trust's you a lot, which means you should be attacking us on the spot." 3 rolled her eyes again at the accusation. "Pfft, marina and tartar would sanitize me in an instant if they could. I'm only still conscious cus she wants 8 happy. I didn't know this would happen to inkopolis if order won. Believe me, I'd switch to chaos if I could."

Mizuta raised an eyebrow. "Then why don't you? There's always room in the rebellion. We could use more fighters like you and comet." 4 noticed the salmonling's face heat up in embarrassment at the attention. 3 sighed. "...I'm not gonna leave 8. If I'm gone, no one's around to make sure marina doesn't do anything bad to her. Look, I can't be much help, because they do a check to make sure every registered citizen in inkopolis is at every turf war. Roll call is soon, so I can sneak you in the tower to 8's room before I have to go if you want. She know's where pearl is." Octavio rolled his eyes. "So we didn't even need that useless octoling from before in the first place if the agent was just gonna be here.." 3 raised an eyebrow. "What octoling?" 4 lifted her hands again. "Mizuta met an octoling who wasn't sanitized. In exchange for getting to live with the rebellion, He told us that if we found 8, we could find pearl." 3's eyes went wide with fear, a sight that was rare for her. "What color was his eyes?!" Callie shrugged. "Teal, why?" 3 bit her lip before sighing, shaking her head frantically. "Ink color?"

"Orange?"

"That wasn't just any fricking octoling. Marina and tartar trained that specific one to find Mizuta and have the strength to take down even more then just your rebellion with ease so he could easily get the location and report it back to her. He's hijacked too, just hides it cus the goop is on his back. We gotta get you guys to 8 and then Pearl now before we're all in danger."