Chapter 14

(Author here! Before I start this chapter I just wanted to say thank you all so incredibly much for the continuous support on this story. This is my first story to get this popular, with a total of over 3,000 reads. I'm genuinely speechless about it. This is probably one of my favorite stories I've ever written here, and there will be plenty more to come. I hope you all continue to stick around for the rest of this story, as we are slowly but surely drawing to a close. But enough said, enjoy the next chapter!)

The shaky empty feeling in Mizuta refused to leave her. The octoling silently walked besides octavio, the two tailing the rebellion and the few order members. Seconds ago she was sobbing her eyes out, gripping the ink through her fingers as if that would somehow bring her back. But now she just fell numb. As if her brain stopped trying to process it now that the moment was gone.

Mizuta didn't know who she was without callie. Before she came to the surface, she was just DJ Dedf1sh of the metro. Kidnapped from the octarian society and sanitized to make beats for eternity.

But when she was free, and she met callie, everything changed. She was taught what it was like to live, to feel, to be part of society, to love.

Her eyes trailed to Marina and she quickly looked away. Marie was right. It was all her fault. The octoling she once saw as a younger sister was gone, no family of hers now. Maybe in a different reality she would of gone to Marina for comfort about this but she couldn't. Because this was the reality she was living in.

And dear cod did she hate it.

"We're here." Pearl croaked eventually. Mizuta looked up, moving her long tentacle out of the way of her face to gaze at the metro entrance.

If the rebellion wasn't dead from Marina's spy then what were they supposed to tell them about callie..

The group made their way down the entrance. The metro was parked right in front of them, and pearl and marina led the way inside.

Now, what Mizuta was expecting to see when she went inside was just C.Q cumber.

What she wasn't expecting to see was a passed out orange octoling lying on the ground, bleeding from his nose with his weapon on the ground across from him. Eight gave a surprised gasp, and Four grabbed onto her arm to stop her from running up to him.

"Mrow?"

Everyone seemed to jump when lil judd crawled out of agent 4's hood, hopping onto the ground and going to sniff the octoling. Marina stared at him with shock. "Has he been with you the whole time?!" 4 shrugged, signing. "Yeah?" Comet rubbed the back of his head. "I Uh.. honestly forgot he was with you. How are we just now remembering he was here."

Lil judd sent a glare to the groups way, before making his way on top of iso padre's plushie pile and curling up for a nap. Eight gave a confused glance to C.Q cumber. "What happened while we were gone, exactly?"

The metro conductor turned around to face them.

"Well your buddy here came onto the train and threatened to shoot me unless I took him back to the surface. Don't think he knew I was ink proof. So when he realized that wasn't working he grabbed iso padre's suitcase, presumably to squish me. Long story short grandpa here sucker punched him in the nose and he's been out cold for about 9 hours."

"..wow." Octavio mumbled, gazing towards iso padre, the man in question was just smiling and writing in a notebook as if this was nothing to him.

4 giggled. "He got vibe checked." Marie rolled her eyes. "Haha, he did."

Marina meanwhile, went over to him and bent down, grabbing an earpiece in the cephlapod's ear. "It's broken. Short circuited from ink. Probably why he didn't report to me and needed to go back instead." Mizuta narrowed her eyes. "When we get back, I want you to know you're not leaving any of our sights."