Authors note

Order comes with a price is officially wrapped up.

After writing epilogue 3 I got back into splatoon and I'm happy to say it's one of my obsessions again.

This story is one I'm most proud of. I've worked on it for so long and currently it's my biggest accomplishment finishing it. I wanted this story to carry a few messages. Like, you don't have to forgive someone for hurting you. It's unrealistic. But if you're willing to start over and give them another chance, that's a different thing than forgiveness. It's also ok to acknowledge your feelings, how you're hurting and that's ok. That's just to name a few.

I first wrote this when I wasn't the best writer. In the original plot, Callie wasn't gonna die. I included Callie's death for shock value. I like seeing reader's reactions to big events. But continuing the story and improving with my writing, I realized that if I was going to kill Callie I wanted it to make an impact on the plot. On the characters. I hope I did that well enough. They haven't moved on from Callie's death, and they never will. Death isn't something you just move on from, it's something that gets easier over time for some, and you carry the memories with forever.

Comet was an interesting character to write and develop. As agent 7 of the squidbeak splatoon you'd expect him to have a bigger story impact and be the one to "save the day". Even marina points this out before the sanitized pearl fight. But this story isn't about that exactly.

I wanted marina to "save the day" from the start. She's not a villain, exactly. she's someone who made a horrible choice after being manipulated with her fears. Her actions weren't the right ones to take (Im not trying to justify them at all) and I wanted her to realize that herself and make things right instead of having a new hero character fix that for her. Comet is his own person with his own goals and ambitions and feelings that contributed to the story, but writing wise his purpose was to help support the others. I enjoy writing the splatoon cast and that's why I didn't force comet into stealing the spotlight.

I know this is a cheesy thing to say. But this story wouldn't of been possible without you guys. I've considered leaving wattpad many times because of the fact that this isn't the best fanfiction app. All my friends went to places like Ao3 and I thought about doing it too. I stayed because of you guy's comments, and your love for my stories. As long as you guys show your support, I'll continue to write stories to give in return.

It astounds me this inspired two (I think it's just two? Correct me if I'm wrong) stories similar to this one with the same concept of if order won. I've read them both and while I think one was discontinued I'm excited to see where the other goes. It warms my heart I can inspire others creativity and I hope to continue to do so.

There's a high chance there's gonna be a splatoon 3. And if there is, I'm very eager to see the storymode of that one. It's probably gonna have to do with team chaos winning, and I'm very eager to write something off of that, and see what happens to these beloved characters next.

Ah, but I'm just rambling again :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day or night. Thanks for reading order comes with a price!

Stay fresh off the hook