Chapter 4

The sound of a train stopping echoed through the chamber. His tail swished protectively around the inkling laying against his shoulder, scarred eyes glancing at the direction of the metro along with everyone in the small room, the inkling against him blinking her hazel eyes, puffy from crying and glancing at the metro nervously. The tension in the room seemed to leave when callie and Mizuta stepped out. Callie was quick to greet everyone, making sure every inkling, octoling, and other cephalopods and the few salmonid were doing well. The inkling leaning against his shoulder scrambled up, eagerly stumbling towards Callie, who was quick to help balance her, the shorter inkling lifting her hands to sign.

"Did you find marie?"

"No 4.. I'm sorry. We haven't found her yet."

The look in agent 4's eyes was enough to show her emotions to that response as she took a seat towards the wall, hugging her knees. A small fuzzy cream and gray cat approached the group of 3, curling up by 4 and closing its beady black eyes. Callie's eyes glanced towards him in the corner.

"How are you holding up comet?"

The salmonling let out a ragged breath before replying in a quiet voice.

"Fair."

Callie only nodded, patting his back. "Thank you for taking good care of 4 for me. She needs it." Comet only nodded, smiling slightly. 4 was like a sister to him now. He was just glad salmonid we're allowed into the rebellion. It was frightening when the inklings with the turquoise goo invaded their islands. Swimming to inkopolis only to find more of them, and being so incredibly lucky when that octoling Mizuta ahato had found them, remembered their alliance with team chaos, and let them into the metro. The salmonid and salmonlings learned to live in peace with the other cephalopods. It was the best option if they were going to survive. Comet tended to stay quiet. He preferred not speaking to any others besides agent 4 or Callie. He'd always had trust issues.

Callie stepped up towards the center of the room, clearing her throat and letting it echo to get everyone's attention. lil' Judd's eyes blinked open, 4 turning her head slightly, sniffling. Her golden tentacles were a duller shade of yellow, almost brown looking. Mizuta stepped up with Callie, comet shifting closer to 4 and Lil' Judd, patting the cat's head with his claws. Callie let her hold eyes wonder around the room at every remaining rebellion member before speaking. "I know things have been bleak recently. Still no sign of our loved ones and friends safe and sound, and it seems the brain washing on the surface, and the danger of marina finding us has been getting worse."

The group of cephalopods and salmonid let out small murmurs of agreement. Comet and 4 stayed silent, lil' Judd mewling. Callie was about to speak again until a booming loud voice cut her off.

"You'd be correct about that. Let's face it. Order's won twice! This is our life now until we're found and sanitized. It's all hopeless. We're lucky to have a single mini zapfish to feed to even have a light source! And even somehow it sleeps through all this without a care in the world!"

Comet flinched as the Octarian king entered the scene. Callie only rolled her eyes. "Hi Octavio. And that's where your wrong buddy!" The salmonling was very observant. He could tell that Callie and Octavio still had some kind of friendship after all these years.

Even after word got out of what he did to her.

The octopus tattoo still poked out slightly from her ripped clothes. Pearl's old crown was still placed neatly on her head. Comet had never met the previous inkling leader. He just knew she was loved and respected by the group. Callie would occasionally let him listen to her music. It was only a nice thought to want to meet her.

Octavio raised an eyebrow, clutching his wasabi tightly. "Oh? And how so?" Callie's eyes had a spark of hope they hadn't had in ages. It was refreshing. "Mizuta found someone who has info on Pearl's location. We're gonna send a team out to find them and get pearl back! Hopefully together we can all either talk some sense into marina, or take her down and find everyone!"

Comet's eyes widened for a few seconds, and eventually cheering erupted in the abandoned metro station. The salmonling turned to look at 4 with a relieved happy smile, 4 with a similar look as tears formed in her eyes again. Octavio slammed a wasabi stick on the ground. "I'll go. I.. I need to be sure 8 is ok. I'd never forgive myself if she wasn't." Even though Octavio's voice was lowered to a murmur at the end of the sentence, everyone could still hear him. Comet was used to hearing the octoling's in the rooms surprised remarks about how much their king was opening up. The salmonling was used to seeing him like this since this was how he always knew him.

4 instantly sat up, raising a hand eagerly. Callie locked eyes with her and grinned. "You wanna come 4?" The agent nodded eagerly, standing up. Mizuta placed her hands in her pockets. "Obviously I'm coming since I know where the guy is.." Comet flinched slightly when 4 eagerly stretched her hand out towards him. A lot of cephalopods eye's were locked onto him. He didn't like the attention to be honest. Callie's voice made its way to him.

"Comet, you should come! Your a super cool fighter! We need you!"

The salmonling blinked.

They.. they need me?

It was a nice feeling to feel needed. Which is why he tried to help everything in the rebellion he could. But this? Comet wasn't so sure. But 4 always knew best. Comet trusted her. Taking her hand shakily, the salmonling stood up, quickly covering his ears when louder cheering erupted. Mizuta was quick to hush everyone down. Callie placed a hand on his shoulder, the two locking eyes as he slowly lowered his claws from the sides of his face. "Welcome to the squidbeak splatoon comet!" Octavio let out a huff. "You get used to the constant migraine of enthusiasm here when your part of this team of morons."

The salmonling had only heard about the squidbeak from stories from 4. Being a part of this was something he wasn't expecting. Before he could even register it all, Callie was rushing to the spare clothes pile in the corner, digging through and pulling out an old uniform. "It's a hand-me-down! One of my old uniforms. I had another I gave to agent 3, so while we're up there, if you see an inkling with this same uniform, let us know immediately!" Comet nodded quickly. He was more used to callie being a little energetic and more tired constantly, not this. But it was nice to see her to eager and happy. Callie handed him some kind of inkling type bucket weapon, while 4 was quick to grab some kind of patched up ink take and strap it on to him. "It's a hero slosher. Your gonna need it. Ya know how to use it?" Comet blinked, not wanting to embarrass himself in front of his leader as he attempted to splash some ink on the ground, making a small purple puddle on the ground. Same colors as his ink. Callie clapped in excitement, facing the crowd. "Great! When we return, hopefully it'll be with pearl." Callie's voice quickly dropped to a serious one.

"And if we don't.. spyke's in charge."

The urchin nodded, placing an arm around Annie. "Got it luv'." Callie sucked in a breath, taking a step towards the metro. "Ready to go team?" Octavio nodded, quickly opening the metro doors and going ahead of the others. Mizuta followed behind, 4 silently making her way in, lil' Judd following behind. Callie turned towards comet from the metro doorway. "Your agent 7 for now on. I have faith we can do this." Comet nodded slightly. "..thank you mam." Callie grinned.

"No problem! Now, let's go save the world."