Epilogue 2/4

(Author's note 1: Heck it. I'm abandoning the idea of publishing these all at once lol. So enjoy! We're getting close to the end guys.

(Author's note 2: hi everyone! I would like you all to know that tomorrow, June 13th, I'll be out of town for a week which means this story will be on hiatus for a little while. Hope you all understand!

She used to be nothing.

Mizuta Ahato, ex member of the Octavio's high ranked subjects, then DJ of the Kamabo Co Metro station, used to be nothing.

And then she met Callie. And Callie was her everything.

Callie showed her how to not be nothing. Callie showed her how to be alive. Callie showed her what love felt like. Callie was her sunshine, her goofball who stole her hat so much she let her keep it. The adorable curious one on the surface she got to call her girlfriend, who would sit in her lap and count her freckles while Mizuta held her when the cuttlefish woke up from a nightmare.

She was Callie. She was her everything.

And now she was gone. And now Mizuta felt like nothing again.

4 months. 4 months since it all went down. 4 months since Tartar was dead for good, and the city could be rebuilt.

They called her a hero. She didn't feel like it.

A hero could of kept Callie alive. She was no hero.

That first month of when they were able to get enough buildings fixed, Mizuta had immediately went to find the apartment her and Callie shared. She had made a beeline to their apartment room, opened the door, and bursted into tears. Because everywhere she looked it felt normal. It felt like she'd come home from getting groceries for them, and Callie would be in their bedroom waiting for her, and Mizuta could go in, see the cuttlefish curled into the soft pink blankets of their bed, see her smile at her, and say "f1sh!! You're home! You wanna cuddle and watch this movie with me?"

She had slowly walked into their room and sobbed into those blankets that day.

Lucky for her, she didn't get a chance to stay in the apartment often. Because she was one of the few who knew how to unsanitize cephlopods, so it was her job to help everyone.

Today, she sat in the darkness of the living room. The silence overwhelmed her so she had headphones on, blasting chirpy chirps music as she typed away on her computer, sending emails to the head foundation trying to make inkopolis livable again.

A sudden knock on her door made the octoling pause. She didn't remember ordering food today. Taking the headphones off and closing the laptop, Mizuta got off the couch, and turned the knob.

On the other side of the door was a familiar large red octopus. "He-"

She slammed the door in his face and sat back down at the couch.

A few minutes later; second set of knocks.

Groaning Mizuta got up, opened the door, and glared the octopus down.

"Why are you here."

Octavio sighed, narrowing his eyes. "Good to see you too. Can I come in?"

"I don't know, can you?" She grumbled, but opened the door and stepped aside anyway. The octopus made his way inside, taking a quick glance around the living room. An ironic name for a room housing someone who felt dead. The octoling crossed her arms and glared at him.

"You didn't answer my question." Octavio mumbled something to himself before looking her in the eyes. "Relax. I came to drop something off. Pearl's busy doing stuff for the city and asked me to drop by with the list of the remaining tasks you need to do this week."