Chapter 10

Pearl stared comet dead in the eyes, no emotion being shown in her gaze. Comet had never actually seen someone sanitized up close. When the salmonids and salmonlings were being chased by the sanitized guards when he first came to inkopolis, comet was too busy running for his life to get a good look at them. So far here in inkopolis, everyone was apparently watching a turf war, and comet had been too lost in thought on what marina would want with him to get a good look at the inkling who escorted him out of his cage. So this was his first time getting a good look at someone sanitized. Her teal glowing eyes made him uneasy.

"The best part is, You're bound to die no matter what! Being sanitized wipes away any and all emotions and feelings, so pearl wont hesitate to attack you! Plus it'll be like she's constantly at full strength. And, I know you wouldn't dream of harming Pearlie. Callie's best friend, the leader everyone is counting on to stay alive to take me down, and the only hope for you. By killing her you'd probably loose the trust of all your "friends". So I know this plan is full proof! You and the other team chaos members will be gone, and all back to my perfect world!"

...she's right. I wouldn't dream of hurting pearl, let alone kill her.

How am I gonna do this..

[We are not unfair though. We've gifted you a splattershot and inktank, as, what would be the fun of the inkling killing you right away?"

Comet narrowed his eyes at the small stand that popped out of the ground, with an ink tank and splattershot on top of it. The salmonling looked around, trying to find anyway out of this.

The walls were completely smooth and metal looking, so he couldn't claw his way up them. Plus the balcony marina and tartar were on extended slightly into the circular arena, so he'd have to climb up, then crawl under the small bit of ceiling and swing up over the rails, which would be impossible. To top it all off, his only exits were solid metal doors which needed key cards to be opened. So no way of getting out there.

I'm gonna die. Comet realized. I'm gonna die in their sick twisted game without ever seeing my friends ever again.

Taking a shaky breath, comet slowly walked towards the center, taking the ink tank and slipping it around his back, clutching the splattershot in hand. In an instant, comet jumped slightly as the metal stand quickly slid back into the ground. Hearing a low growl fill the air, comet looked up to see pearl holding a set of silver and blue dualies. Her eyes were narrowed, and she looked ready to attack. A chuckle could be heard from marina.

"Pearlie, kill him."

At those three words, the inkling began charging at the salmonling, comet yelped, and out of instinct he began running away. He could hear pearl chasing after him as he ran around the circular floor.

Crud crud crud crud what am I gonna d-

His thoughts were cut off as pearl leapt onto him, pinning him down. His weapon fell out of his hands and slid away from him on the ground. Comet let his natural fighting skills kick in as he managed to turn so he was laying in his back, quickly crouching his feet towards his chest and kicking her off him. Pearl went flying across the room, and comet expected her to take a moment to recover, worried he knocked the wind out of her or something. But pearl only immediately got right back up and began charging again, holding out her dualies and firing ink. Comet's eyes widened as he began running again, unsure of what else to do. Some ink hit his tail and he hissed at the pain, coiling it around his waist.

Eyeing his weapon on the ground, comet made a run for it, bending down and grabbing it as he ran. His chest was starting to ache with how much he was running, along with the fear pumping through him. Turning around, he fired a few hits from the splattershot, watching pearl dodge them expertly with a sinking feeling.