Chapter 2: Broken

YOUR POV:

A good five minutes had gone by of you walking home and that annoying porcupine was still following you. "Do you make it a habit to follow every girl you meet home" you huffed disinterestedly.

"I'm not following you we just happen to be going in the same direction so SHUT THE HELL UP!" He screeched shoving his hands deeper into his pockets.

After another five minutes or so of awkward silence with who you had now decided to refer to as spike, and your new house finally came into view. As you walked up to the door and pulled out the key a sudden shout caused you to stop.

"You have got to be shitting me! DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE MY FUCKING NEIGHBOUR!"

You slowly did a 180 and face palmed "great... I get to live next to an angry porcupine" you mumbled sarcastically once again motioning towards your door.

"Excuse me-" he was cut off by the slamming of your door.

"Shit! I hope Clive didn't hear that" you weren't exactly in the mood for an argument today.

"You're late".

'Fuck.'

"sorry Clive I had to stay behind to-"

*SMACK*

The memory of his hand stung against your cheek.

"How many times do I have to fucking say it!  AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN MY CUSTODY, IN MY HOUSE, YOU WILL DO EXACTLY AS I SAY!... that means if I tell you to come straight from school. You FUCKING WILL!"

You stood your ground as he inched closer to you and grabbed your shoulder with all his strength, bruising it in the process.

"Do I make myself clear" he hissed
You simply nodded in response and took your leave.

Slowly you pushed your door closed and allowed your back to sink across the frame to meet the hard wooden floor. You gently brought your knees to your chest and opted to let your head rest upon them. You weren't going to cry. Not anymore. After all these years you'd become numb to it. It was almost normal.

You lazily drudged to your bed and laid across the pillows. Your eyes became heavy as you drifted deeper into your thoughts, thoughts of when times were better. Before everything went to shit.

"About 9 years now, ugh I just don't wanna be here anymore" you whispered to yourself as you curled your body into a small ball.

Before long, you were asleep

* . • 〰️➿〰️ • . *

*the next day*

KATSUKI'S POV:

'What a pain. Another annoying extra getting in the way of my rise to the top'

I chuckled

'Just one more steppingstone to my ultimate and indisputable victory... but still... why am I so intrigued by her? Why can't I get her off my mind?'

"KATSUKI!!!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT YOU OLD HAG!"

"GET DRESSED WERE GOING TO GREET THE NEW NEIGHBOURS!"

"NO!"

"KATSUKI BAKUGOU YOU LITTLE SHIT! IF YOUR NOT DOWN HERE IN 10 MINUTES IM GONNA FUCKING KICK YOUR ASS!" She yelled

I sighed in defeat "FINE!"

YOUR POV:

"(Y/N)!... get down here! The neighbours are coming over so get dressed" a moment of silence passed before "and go to the shop we have no beer!"