if we ever meet again // c.b.

requested by blueasthepacificocean on tumblr: Could you write about Colby meeting a fan at a hotel he is staying, like she unexpectedly sees him and shyly comes up to him, but they hit it off and hang out and stuff in his room? Does this make sense? I hope it does

POV: Y/N, gender neutral 

trigger warning: SUPER FLUFFY and FRIENDLY 😊

word count: 1618

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly opened my eyes, staring up at the ceiling. It was dark but the room had a slight white glow to it. The only light coming through the curtains was from the fluorescent pool lights outside. I glanced over at the clock.

1:45 A.M

I sighed quietly, slowly sitting up. I looked over at my sister sleeping in the other bed next to me. She was snoring, her hair tangled all over the place. I smirked and slowly slid the blankets off my legs.

Today had been an annoying day to say the least. My sister and I had planned a vacation away from our town for quite some time, only to have so many delays getting to this very hotel. We wasted our first day of our vacation just lounging around and now I was starting to get antsy, needing to walk around and do something.

I turned my phone's flashlight on, grabbing my XPLR hoodie, my notebook, and a key to the room. I decided that going down to the 24hr outdoor pool was my best option to get somewhere away from the hotel room. I slipped on some sneakers and tip-toed to the door. I opened it quickly, my eyes barely adjusting to the brightness of the hotel hallway, and shut it just as fast.

I walked down the hall towards the elevator, unlocking my phone in the process and opening up insta.

I scrolled through my feed as I waited for the elevator to arrive. I saw one of my favorite influencers, Sam and Colby, had posted on their story. I opened it, to be greeted by a 10 second video clip of them walking around in an abandon building, graffiti everywhere. They both had mask on and had tagged the location of the place. I recognized the name...

That's five miles away from here!

I shook my head, surprised to have just realized they were in the same state that I was in. I locked my phone and slid it into my pocket, finally reaching the pool. I walked out into the open air and took a deep breath. I was met by a strong smell of flowers and chlorine. I smiled lightly, enjoying the smell. To me, that smell smelt like vacation. Away from all my troubles and stress back home.

I walked over to a lounge chair, pulling it down into a laying position. I laid down on my stomach and opened my notebook. This is where all my secrets hid; from the darkest to the not so bad. Everything I thought was in this notebook. I took it with me everywhere. I also used it to draw and doodle.

Slowly, I got lost in my own world, doodling and writing down random things that came to my mind. I only pulled myself out of this when I heard the door to the hotel open. I looked up to see a tall, dark haired boy walk out to the other side of the pool. I watched him walk over to a chair and sit down in it. He was wearing tan basketball shorts and a black hoodie. He had his phone in his hand.

Why does he look familiar?

I shrugged it off, not wanting to stare any longer. I felt a shiver run down my spine, the air getting slightly breezy. I sat up and grabbed my hoodie, pulling it over my head. When I looked over at the boy, he was staring at me. He waved slightly, acknowledging me. I waved back. I looked at his hoodie; it was the same one I was wearing. I squinted my eyes, only to have them widen once I realized who I was looking at.