The Sludge Villain Incident

Izuku's POV

   I was walking back home afterschool since Kacchan threw my hero notebook out the window. It took me some time to find it. I eventually found it in the pond.

   Just as I passed an alley, I was dragged into the alley by a green goo of some sort.

   "Don't worry. I'm just hijacking your body." The sludge said as I started to squirm. I felt tears fall down my cheeks as the sludge villain started to block my mouth.

   "Calm down. It'll only hurt for about 45 seconds then it will be all over." The villain said, an evil look in his eyes.

   I started to black out at the lack of air. As my vision faded, I heard a familiar voice and a familiar line.

   "DO NOT WORRY FOR I AM HERE!"

   That was all I remembered before blacking out.

   After what seemed like a few minutes, I managed to come back to my senses. I looked around to see All Might staring at me. I started fanboying and asked him to sign my notebook. After signing my notebook, he turned, making his way to leave.

   "W-Wait!" I said as All Might got ready to leave. He looked back at me.

   "I'M SORRY YOUNG ONE BUT I HAVE TO GO!" He said, jumping.

   Before I knew it, I was hanging on his leg, floating loosely in the air. He looked at me shocked as he tried to shake me off.

   "If I fall from here, I'll die!" I yelled, fearing for my life.

   "Oh...That's true..." He trailed off.

   He sighed, landing on a roof of a tall building. I got off of him and asked him to hear me out for a few moments.

   "D-Do you think...I-I can become a hero without a quirk?" I asked, catching him off guard.

   "I'm sorry kid but I have to go. I do not think that you can be a hero without a quirk. It's dangerous and there isn't quite much a quirkless person can do to someone with a quirk." All Might frowned, shaking his head.

   With that, he jumped away. I stood there, tears falling down my face once again. I laughed bitterly as I wiped away my tears.

   "Yeah...How foolish of me to even dream of becoming a hero..." I mumbled, slowly trudging down the stairs.

   Just as I got out of the building, I heard a lot of screams coming from the street. I ran towards the commotion, seeing many people huddled around. I scurried my way past other people, getting to the front.

   There, I saw the same sludge villain from before with a hostage as heroes tried to stop the him. And the hostage was Kacchan. I heard other people talking about how All Might had caught the villain. I remembered how he scooped the sludge into a bottle.

   'This is all because of me. If I hadn't grabbed onto All Might, this would've never happened.'  I thought, staring at Kacchan with horror. 'I need to help him! I need...No, I'm quirkless, I wouldn't be able to do anything against that villain. I'll just get in the way...I'm so...useless.'

   I cried as I ran away, all the way home. I slammed the door open, closing it again to go to my room.

   "Izuku sweatie, are you home?" I heard my mom's voice from the kitchen.

   "Y-Yes, mom." I said, weakly as I closed the door to my room.

The Day of the Entrance Exam

   I sighed as I gloomily looked at the fake city.

   "Go!" A voice boomed. All the students stood there while I ran off.

   Since I needed a head start, I ran as fast as I could to the nearest group of robots. I was very determined to attack but when I got closer to the robots, all of the adrenaline drained out from me.

   I stood there, wide-eyed with fear, as the robots approached closer. Just then a laser shot them away. I turned to see a boy with yellow hair and a weird type of gear on his stomach.

   "II bet we'll make a fine team with you as a bait. But I don't think I'll see you anytime soon." He said, running off.

   'He's right...I can't become a hero...Not like this...Not without a quirk...' I thought, slowly walking back to the entrance of the fake city. 'I...I give up...I wasn't supposed to be here to begin with...This is a place for heroes, not a quirkless wannabe like me...'

   I exited the city as tears fell down my face. I fell down to my knees and sobbed.

   "WHY?! JUST WHY?!" I yelled in anger and sadness. "Why?"

Time Skip

   I was back at home, in my room, covered by my blanket. I stared blankly up at the ceiling, questioning my existence. 

   My dried tears had made a print on my face, my eyes were puffy and red. It stung from all the crying.

   I knew my mom was worried. No matter how many times I told her that I was fine, she still worried about me. I swear she knows me all too much and...she's the only one I have.

   I turned as I closed my eyes to sleep, just a tiny spark of hope living inside me. Hoping that maybe I had a quirk. Maybe, my dream can come true. Just maybe.