Broken Child

Izuku's POV

   "Midoriya, we have decided to give you one last chance to prove yourself." Nezu said. "We'll allow you to redeem yourself by either studying here, or helping the pro heroes."

   I currently stood in front of the pro heroes and the teachers of UA. They were having a meeting with some policemen and government agencies about what to do with me.

   "I'll help out then." I smiled. "Oh, and I have a request."

   "What is your request?" Nezu asked.

   "If...If something bad happens to me..." I sucked in a breath. "Please look over Eri...She's like a sister for me."

   Nezu nodded and allowed me to leave. Mr. Aizawa showed me where I was going to live, since I was going to be under constant surveillance. Thankfully, they didn't separate Eri from me.

   "Get some rest...You'll be joining the other children in their training starting tomorrow." Mr. Aizawa told me. "If you need anything, you can call me."

   Mr. Aizawa left his phone number on the table and left. I glanced at Eri, who was sleeping. I sighed and sat at the seat, which was located near the bed.

   "I wish...I wish they didn't leave." I said, gently brushing Eri's hair. "Why does everyone leave me? Father left, Kacchan never liked me in the first place, the kitsunes left, and...Mother left too."

   I felt some tears fall down my face. 

   "I just wished...That someone will listen to what I have to say." I whispered, my eyes closing. "I just wished for someone to hear me out...Not reprimand me. I'm tired of people telling me to do that, do this..."

   I sighed, opening my eyes to look at Eri again. She looked so peaceful while sleeping.

   "Who am I to say this...You've probably gone through more than me." I chuckled sadly, standing up. "I need some fresh air."

   I quietly left the room, closing the door behind me. I quickly left the building, walking around the UA campus, hoping to find a place quiet enough to organize my thoughts.

   I ended up sitting on the grass behind the building. I looked up at the sky. The sky was painted in beautiful shades of orange and blue. 

   "We'll be here for you, Izuku! Remember? We're all one. We're a family now."

   I smiled to myself, recalling what Akari had once said to me.

   "We're all one, huh?" I frowned. "What happened to that promise? When did everything go wrong? What did I do wrong?"

Aizawa's POV

   "Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" All Might asked Nezu. "The boy seems really tired. Not to mention what had happened to his mother."

   "I don't know either...But wounds heal by time and I trust that Midoriya is strong enough to deal with his own problems." Nezu replied. "And besides, we have a duty to do as adults. We can guide him to do good and perhaps, we can bring back his real smile."

   "...I see..." I mumbled. "Well, I go check on him."

   Nezu nodded and I quickly walked out of the office. Just as I reached the room where Midoriya was staying, I saw him leave the room. I quietly followed him, making sure that he didn't see me.

   "What did I do wrong?" 

   I froze when I heard the boy say this. Just this one question was enough for me to understand that...Izuku was indeed hurt.

   I could see it in his eyes. The pain, the sorrow...I can hear the hollowness in his voice and how strained it is. I can feel it...Even if he manages to fool others with his fake, sarcastic personality, I could see how hurt he was.

   "Just...Why do you insist on keeping up that painful façade?" I questioned.

   Although I haven't said it loud enough for him to hear it, he looked at me. 

   His eyes were red and tears were falling down his face. He looked so broken, yet he had a smile on his face.

   "Ah...Didn't know you were there." The boy chuckled, standing up from where he sat. "Well, I'll get going. Don't wanna disturb you."

   Just as Midoriya passed by, I grabbed his arms, making him look at me again. I hesitantly hugged him, patting his back. He was first very stiff but he soon relaxed, his body trembling as I felt warm tears on my shoulder.

   "Y-You know, Mr. Aizawa...?" Midoriya called. "I-It hurts...So much. I feel as if I'm drowning in a never ending ocean of sorrow. Getting pulled back up into the light, only to be pushed back into the endless ocean of darkness again...Again and again."

   I frowned at his words. His voice sounded so dead, so empty. 

   "Does nobody care?" Midoriya's voice spoke out. "Am I really just a criminal to everyone? Is that all I am? Does nobody see that I'm a person too? That I have feelings too? Does nobody really care?"

   I hugged him tighter, and the boy hugged back, his face buried into my chest.

   "I care...I may not know what you're going through but..." I whispered, rubbing circles on the boy's back. "I care. You're never alone in this world, child."

Akari's POV 

   "Akari, we have to go." My sister nagged. "Our vacation's over, dude."

   "Yeah..." I sighed. "I'm just not ready to see him again. I feel bad for leaving so suddenly, you know?" 

   "I do too, but explaining to him directly will be better than just leaving that poor boy in sorrow. We also have some news to tell him." Ikari retorted. "Besides, we all miss him."

   Everybody nodded, all looking down since we all knew how much Izuku has been going through the moment we left. We had promised to stay with him but we had left him, during his hardest times. 

   "I know...Let's go." I smiled. "Let's go meet that problem child."