Training

Izuku's POV

As I stared at the ceiling, laying on my bed, I thought of a great idea.

"I don't need approval from All Might to become a hero...Actually, I'm not even going to be a hero!" I said, sitting up from my bed. "I'm going to be a vigilante, that's what! As a vigilante, I can help people without a hero license!"

I smiled happily as I skipped to living room. I saw my mom sitting on the couch, watching the news.

"Hey mom! I'm going out, okay?" I said, rushing towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Umm...to the clothes store! Yeah, the clothes store!" I said, putting on my shoes.

"Oh, okay! Come back before noon!"  My mom smiled at me.

"Okay!" I said, shutting the door.

As I was walking towards the clothes store, I saw Kacchan walking to UA.

"Guess he got in...Well, good for him! But I'll prove him wrong. I'm going to prove him that I'm not useless!" I said to myself, continuing my walk to the clothes store.

Once I reached the quirk clothes store, I looked around, looking for clothes that will have a resistance to my quirks.

"Since all of these are not my style...I guess I could just buy the fabric and make my own clothes..." I mumbled. "I already made a design for my hero costume, so I just need to make it."

After looking around for the right pieces of fabric, I soon found the ones I wanted. I bought them and quickly returned home.

"Mom! I'm going to be working on something so please knock!" I yelled, running into my room.

"Okay, sweetie!" I heard her say.

I hummed and turned on music as I started working on my hero costume. I guess you can call it a vigilante costume.

By dinner time, I finished half of the costume. I made sure to hide it before my mom could see it.

"Izuku sweetie, what were you doing?" Mom asked.

"Well, I was just looking at clothes, thinking about what it would feel like to be a hero!" I lied, smiling as I ate my dinner.

"I see." My mom smiled as she listened to me.

"Mom, can I not go to school?" I asked, reluctantly.

"What?! Is there something wrong?" She asked, worriedly.

"No, nothing's wrong, it's just that since I already finished most of the math stuff and I know everything I'm supposed to...I just thought I could stay home and train!" I laughed, awkwardly.

"Hmm...I guess you could...You indeed know everything you need to and if you need to learn anything else, I could buy books for you..." My mom mumbled. She sighed then smiled. "Fine...Only until you master your quirks. If everything goes well, I won't send you to school until college."

"Yay! Thank you mom!" I said as I rushed to my room.

Once I was in my room, I resumed my work of my costume. I finished after a few more hours.

It was 11 pm by now, which meant I had to sleep. I sighed, lazily dragging myself into the shower.

I took a quick shower and changed into comfortable clothing. After that, I plopped onto the bed and covered myself in the sheets.

Slowly and surely, I felt myself drift off to sleep.

The Next Day

After I woke up, I changed into comfortable gym clothes. Then my mom called me for breakfast.

"Thanks mom! I love bacon and eggs!" I said, stuffing my face. She smiled back and we continued to eat in peace.

"Mom, I'm going to go jogging for a while, I'll be back by 6 pm!" I said, running outside.

"Okay sweetie, just don't over work yourself!" My mom shouted. I waved as I ran towards the park.

"Okay, I just need to find a place to practice, secretly." I mumbled as I wandered around the park.

After a few moments of searching, I found the perfect place.

"I should start with...Crystalis first. Don't want to hurt anybody with crystals by accident." I mumbled as I tried to activate my quirk.

   Nothing happened.

   "You know what? I'll start by trying to activate my quirks first." I sighed as I sat down.

   It took around 30 minutes to actually see results of my training. After many minutes of focusing and trying to activate my quirks, I finally managed to activate one.

   I felt a hard pressure and a twitch on my head. I also felt something grow from my tail bone.

As I reached up to touch my hair, I felt a furry thing brush my hand. I grabbed it and noticed it was an ear.

I pulled out a mirror that I brought with me just in case and saw that my hair was white and there were red marks across my face. I also had a tail and a pair of ears twitching on my head.

"So I guess I activated Kitsune." I said, observing myself closer. I then noticed the deep golden eyes I had. "I'll need to train activating and deactivating this quirk."

   I sighed as I closed my eyes focused on stopping my quirk. It worked after a few failed tries. When I reactivated it, this time I was able to do it in one try.

I continued to do this until I was sure that I had full control over activating and deactivating Kitsune.

   I closed my eyes to rest for a bit. I opened my eyes, only to gasp at the sight of the sunset.

   "Oh gosh! My mom's going to be upset if I get home late!" I whispered to myself, running back home. "I guess the only thing I was able to do today was activating Kitsune..."

   I gasped heavily as I stopped running and started walking the rest of the way back home.

   "After a week...After a week, I'll make my first appearance." I said, smiling as I clenched my fists. "I'll practice everyday for my first debut!"