The Truth

Izuku's POV

   "...T-The truth?" I asked. The mysterious man simply nodded. "I...I don't..."

   "Hmm...Of course you don't get what I'm saying." The man sighed. "I suppose Akari didn't tell you anything at all...As the leader of his group, he's certainly doing a terrible job..."

   I stared at him in confusion and the man seemed to have noticed it. He chuckled and smiled at me. 

   "Perhaps...I should cut them off from their duties...There are other kitsunes that do better than them after all..." The man mumbled. He smirked. "So...Are you willing to hear the truth?"

   I stepped back towards the opening of the alleyway, but the man stopped me. He had swiftly moved behind me, blocking the only exit.

   "W-What do you want from me?" I spat, glaring at him.

   "Oh...I simply want to tell you the information you ought to know." The man snickered. "Don't you want to know why your mother died and why you lost all your quirks?"

   I stared at the man, shocked and terrified. Not many people have known about my mother's death, and nobody expect a few others knew about my quirk issues. But, this man, that I've never met, knew so much about me.

   "How do you know that?! Who are you?!" I asked. 

   "I told you, haven't I?" The man shrugged. "I'm the Keeper. I know everything."

   "Anyways, enough with the chitchat. If you aren't willing to cooperate with me, I'm going to have to force you." The man threatened, his smirk turning into a frown. "Izuku Midoriya, you want to know why your mother died so suddenly, right? I'll tell you everything, but whether or not to believe it is all up to you."

   I blinked slowly, barely managing to process what he had said. 

   "You killed your mother...Or well, I guess I should say your foster mother." The man said. I stared at him in disbelief and he just stared back at me. "You're not a human, child. I thought you were smarter than that."

   "You were born as a kitsune, you just grew up like a human." The man continued. "I'm honestly surprised on how long you could survive here...But I have to say, it was quite entertaining to watch you grow up. Without even knowing who or what you were."

   "T-That...That doesn't make sense." I snapped back, hoping that this was just a dream. Just a terrible nightmare and that someone would wake me up. "Then, why am I here? Why am I not in the kitsune realm?"

   The man silently looked at me, only adding to my frustration. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. I grabbed the man's collar and shook him, but the man still didn't say a thing. As if on cue, it started raining. First, it was a soft drizzle but it soon turned denser.

   "Answer me!" I yelled.

   "Calm down, child." The man sighed. 

   He pushed me away, dusting himself off. He snapped his fingers, summoning an umbrella for himself. 

   "There was a war in the kitsune realm not long ago, around 10 years ago, I think it was...Your biological parents both died in that war. But before your mother died, she took you to your foster mother, asking for her to take care of you."

   "How...What?" 

   "Your biological mother and foster mother known each other since childhood. I won't dig too deep into that but they've met each other through an odd incident. Anyways, moving on..." The male sighed again. "You were around 4 when you were taken in by your foster mother. At that time, you probably don't remember, but you killed your foster father as well."

   "My father...? B-But he left us..." I muttered, looking down at the ground.

   "How foolish. I thought by now, you'll be able to piece everything on your own..." 

   The man stepped closer to me, stopping right in front of me. I looked up, my eyes locking onto his.

   "You lacked control and killed him. Your mother lied to you, saying that he left, so you don't get traumatized. You killed her husband, yet she loved you so much. She took care of you as if you were her own son." The man said, an indifferent look settling on his face. "Your foster mother was scared too. She was scared that you might hurt someone, or even get yourself killed. So she brought you up as a human, thinking that it'll be better for you."

   "So your body and mind naturally adapted to the human system here, nullifying your powers until now, which is usually the growing stage for young kitsunes." The man continued. "Since you didn't get proper training to control you powers and you didn't get the proper energy you needed, you subconsciously started draining the life energy of your mother, the one person you were the most closest to."

   I fell on my knees, tears falling down my face as I took in the information the man had told me. No matter how much I told myself it wasn't true, my heart already knew that it was, in fact, the truth.

   "The reason behind her death is you..." The man whispered, crouching down next to me. "If you don't believe me, you can go ask your kitsune friends. They'll most certainly be able to tell you everything you need to know."

   "Well, then...I'll have to go, as I've run out of time. It was nice meeting you, Izuku Midoriya." The Keeper said, standing up. "I look forward to seeing you again...But I doubt that you can pass."

   I looked up after the strange statement, only to find that the man was gone. I let out an agonized scream, crying harder as I clutched my chest. I was very well aware of the disgusted or confused stares I was getting from passerby's, but I couldn't care less.

   After a while, I stood up as well, staring at my feet in both disbelief and sorrow. Even though the rain was pouring, I couldn't bring myself to move.

   "Why...?"

Time Skip

   I slowly walked to my assigned room, leaving a trail of water behind me. I could barely walk right now and I felt as if my life had been sucked out of me. My clothes stuck onto me because of the rain water but there was something more important on my mind, right now.

   I passed by the numerous UA staffs, ignoring there stares and comments. I had to find Akari and the others...They would be able to tell me the truth. Maybe then, I'll be able to accept the reality a bit easier.

   I bumped into someone. I slowly looked up, seeing the familiar golden eyes staring down at me. The moment I saw Akari's concerned face, I felt the tears well up in my eyes again and no matter how much I tried to hold it back, no matter how much I tried to hide it, the tears were falling down my face again.

   I looked away, staring at the ground. Even though I was looking for Akari, I couldn't help but feel hurt that he had not told me such important news first. That I had to hear it from someone else to learn the truth. That I had to hear the truth from a stranger rather than the person I considered my closest friend.

   "Are you okay, Izuku?!" Akari asked, grabbing my shoulders. "Why are you back so late? We were worried!"

   I stayed silent for a while. 

   "...Why?" I asked.

   "Huh?" 

   "Why didn't you tell me...?" I asked again.

   "What are you talking about?!" Akari snapped, shaking me. 

   I shut my mouth again. Then, when I mustered up the courage to do so, I looked back up at Akari. I forced myself to look into his eyes, my expression morphing into a bitter one from the lifeless one I wore previously.

   "Why didn't you tell me the truth?"