Disappearance

Izuku's POV

I woke up by the loud sound of the alarm clock. I slammed my hand onto it, sending it flying off the bedside table.

I sat up and groaned, bracing for a punch from one of the kitsunes. It never came. I shrugged it off, thinking that they were sleeping in for once. I decided to sleep a bit more too, since it was a Saturday.

I laid back down and blinked a few times. I managed to fall asleep after shifting a little bit.

Time Skip

I woke up and turned to see that it was 10 am. I headed to the bathroom to take a shower. It only took me about 10 minutes or so but it felt like hours. I don't know why...I felt empty. The sound of the water felt so loud, the water felt so cold. Maybe its because the kitsunes haven't woken up yet.

A knock on the door snapped me from my thoughts. I quickly finished my shower and dried myself.

"Just a minute!" I said, wrapping a towel around my waist.

I opened the door to see Uraraka. I smiled at her and she blushed.

"Did you need me?" I asked. "Don't you know that its not good for a sweet girl like you to come into a boy's room all alone?"

"I-I'm sorry! I-It's just that w-we were wondering if you wanted t-to...um...join us for lunch..." She looked away while stuttering. "You know...eating outside..."

"...Sure!" I smiled, closing the door. "I'll be ready in a few minutes."

I heard the door close and I quickly changed into a hoodie and a pair of jeans. I reached for my necklace but I just realized that I didn't have it on.

I went back into the bathroom to see if it was there but it wasn't. I don't think I had it on when I woke up either...

I felt my heart sink when realization struck me. I lost the one object that connected me to the kitsunes. My friends...My family.

I know I had it on yesterday and that I left it on the bedside table. But no matter how much I looked, I couldn't find it. I felt like crying but I remembered that I agreed on eating with the others so I decided to resume my search later. But I couldn't shake of the terrible feeling I had.

I went downstairs and was greeted by the others. I gave them a half hearted smile and we talked while going to eat. We arrived at a sushi place and we ended up splitting up since we couldn't all sit together at one table.

"...What's wrong?" Todoroki said. I looked at him and he looked at me. "You look like your worried. And you're pale, too...Are you sick?"

"...N-No, I'm not sick." I chuckled. "I just lost something important to me. I'm just...upset."

"Ah...Well, I'll help you look for it. Just enjoy the moment right now." He said. He looked away and I could have sworn that he smiled at me.

"I guess I should. Thanks, Todoroki." I smiled back at him.

And when I thought we were going to have a normal conversation...

"Shut up, useless Deku!" Kacchan yelled.

"Oh, thank you!" I laughed sarcastically. "I appreciate your compliment!"

"H-Huh, wait...What!" He seemed more angered than before.

I sighed. I honestly never wanted him to hate me. I wanted to be friends. I wanted to smile and laugh like we did back then...I wanted to talk like normal people.

I gave him a smile and continued my conversation with Todoroki. We had a nice time to be honest. We all went to the mall afterwards and had a little shopping session. Then, we returned back to the dorms. I forgot all about the necklace.

The moment we got back though, the odd, eerie silence brought me back to reality. The reality where my closest friends were gone.

   I thanked Todoroki on his offer of help but told him to rest and that we could search for it some other day.

   I sadly turned on the lights and saw a small note on the bedside table. I locked the door and read it. I was shocked at what I read.

   No...shocked was an understatement.

   I was devastated.

Dear Izuku,
I'm sorry for our sudden disappearance but this was something that had to be done. I'm aware that you may have many questions and you may be very confused on what's happening. Well, we want to thank you for accepting us but we decided to undo our contract, as it will only make everything for both you and us worse. As for why we left, it was simply because we did not like you. Farewell.
Sincerely, Akari.

   Every single word on the note repeated itself in my mind. Have I not been a good friend? Was I too demanding? Was I being rude? Why would they just leave like that?

   Questions and thoughts flooded my mind. The jumbled up feelings and my tangled thoughts caused my eyes to water.

   My "cool" crumbled away and I was left as a crying mess.

   I trusted them, I believed them. Every one of them...I loved them.

   They were like my family. But they just left...

   Why is the world so cruel?

Akari's POV

   "Bro..." I turned to look at Ikari...She seemed hesitant with her words. "You sure that was the right thing to do?"

   "...I-I'm...I don't know..." I replied, looking away to the black abyss. "But...It would've been the best for him..."

   "But I can feel his sorrow reaching out to me!" Chieko cried. "How is that okay?! You left that child heartbroken!"

   "Yeah, Akari...You should've put an actual decent explanation in that note..." Yonzo sighed, shaking his head.

   "Look, I understand that you guys feel guilty...I do too. I'm pretty sure we all do..." I took a deep breath before continuing. "But...It's the best to cut ties when necessary."

   I paused, trying to calm myself down.

   "Providing him an explanation would've caused him to look for us...We can't risk him getting hurt." I said. "He knows how to move from dimensions...He'll certainly look for us if we said that we left because we didn't want to cause him any harm."

   I could see some of the other kitsune a nodding their head in agreement.

   "You get what I'm saying? If he finds us, we'll all be in danger. Not only the disease that we're causing him, but he will be after him." I winced. "You know how harsh he is when it comes to newbies. He has even killed some himself."

   "It was the best thing to do for all of us..." I finished. "It may be harsh but we all should face reality."