Chapter 5

"So you have a brother? But he's not here right?" Jisoo asked.

"Yes I have a brother, Taeyong, and no he's not here. He's a year younger than me and he's currently in Paris. His girlfriend lives there and he's been there for about a month now. They will be here for the wedding though" Jennie explained.

"I see, well I'm looking forward to meet him. If he's anything like you I'm sure I'll like him." Jisoo said and put her hand on Jennie's arm. The effect of the wine really started to make her say and do things that she'd normally wouldn't, especially not after only knowing the person in question for a couple of hours.

Jennie got a warm feeling inside her chest when she heard Jisoo say that and for some reason her whole arm started to tingle from Jisoo's touch. She looked up and met Jisoo's eyes and suddenly it was like everything else around them disappeared. She no longer heard the sound of music and people talking from inside the house. All she heard was the sound of her own heart beating and it was beating a hell of a lot faster than it used to. All she could see was Jisoo's deep brown eyes that were looking intensely at her and all she could feel was the featherlight touches coming from Jisoo's thumb as it slowly, excruciatingly slowly, moved back and forth over her arm.

Jisoo had no idea what she was doing, her brain screamed at her to remove her hand from Jennie's arm but she just couldn't do it. It was as if her hand suddenly had turned into lead and it was physically impossible to remove it and why...oh my God WHY were her thumb moving over that incredibly soft skin?

"Girls?"

A voice calling from the back porch brought them back to reality and Jisoo carefully withdrew her hand. She dared to cast another glance at Jennie who met her eyes before they both turned their attention towards the back porch where Jisoo's mother was standing.

"Yes mother?" Jisoo called back.

Dara left the porch and walked down to the girls on the swing.

"There you are, are you two planning on coming back inside anymore tonight or?" she asked jokingly.

Jisoo quickly got up from the swing.

"Yes, as a matter of fact we were just on our way back inside. I believe Jennie has promised to dance with her fiance." Jisoo said not looking at the raven.

Actually she really didn't want to go back inside but after the 'moment' she just had with Jennie she really needed to distance herself from the raven a little before she would do something she definitely would regret.

"Well, sorry to disappoint sweetie but your fiance has gone to bed, well he was carried to bed to be precise." Dara explained and looked at Jennie.

"Great..." Jennie muttered as she got up as well.

"Most of the guests has started to leave. I've prepared some snacks in the kitchen if you two are hungry, you've been out here quite a while." Dara said.

Jisoo checked her watch and was surprised to see what time it was. They'd spent five hours outside in the garden swing, just talking. It sure hadn't felt like five hours.

"Wow, is it this late?" Jennie said surprised when she checked her phone for the time.

Jisoo looked at her.

"Yeah, I totally lost track of time." she said.

"You and me both." Jennie said and smiled.

"I'm so glad you two are getting along so well." Dara said brightly.

Jisoo and Jennie glanced at each other but didn't say anything.

"Come on then, let's go inside and get something to eat shall we?"

Both women nodded and followed Dara back into the house.

Jisoo drank a large glass of water in the kitchen, she felt like maybe she'd had just a little too much wine for one evening and she should really start sobering up. Not that she was that drunk but enough intoxicated for her own liking.

As she put the glass down on the counter Jennie and Dara walked into the kitchen and headed straight to the little snack buffet. Jisoo joined them.

"This looks really good mom, I'm actually really hungry."

All three women took a seat by the kitchen table. Though it had been a wonderful party, Dara was quite relieved that the party was over. She was really tired and her feet hurt from all the dancing, she couldn't wait to go to bed.

"Do you need any help cleaning up Dara?" Jennie asked.

"Thanks for asking Jennie but it's really late so we'll deal with the cleaning up tomorrow. The last guests have left so let's just go to bed and then we'll handle the cleaning up in the morning." Dara said and stifled a yawn.

"Sounds like a good idea. Why don't you head up to bed? Jisoo and I can put the food away before we go to bed and lock up." Jennie suggested.

"I think I might take you up on that offer Jennie. Jiyong's already gone to bed, his knee started to hurt after all the dancing so I sent him upstairs about an hour ago." Dara said and smiled.

"Are you sure you don't mind?" she continued.

"Go to bed mom, we'll handle the rest." Jisoo said and got up from her seat to give her mom a goodnight kiss on the cheek.

"Alright alright. See you tomorrow girls. Goodnight." Dara said and hugged both women goodnight before she headed upstairs.

Jisoo and Jennie started to put the food away in silence. Jisoo couldn't help but think back to the moment they had in the swing. She glanced over at Jennie who was cleaning the counter and remembered how soft her skin was, all she wanted was to touch that skin again. She shook her head to get those thoughts out of her mind.

"Jisoo, do you mind locking up?" Jennie asked.

"No, I'm on it." Jisoo answered and left the kitchen.

The moment the door closed Jennie dropped the washcloth and put both hands on the counter and leaned on her arms as her head dropped. She took a deep breath, she had no idea what was happening and why she felt like there was a wave of new emotions going through her body. She sighed and picked up the washcloth and threw it in the sink before she decided to walk out to the dining-room to see if Jisoo needed help with anything.

At the same time Jennie was about to open the door Jisoo was coming back to the kitchen and when Jennie opened the door it took Jisoo completely by surprise and she stumbled through the doorway straight into an equally surprised Jennie who managed to catch the tripping woman in her arms.

Jisoo had grasped Jennie's upper arms while Jennie held on to the taller woman's waist. When the initial shock subsided and they looked up they realized their proximity. Their faces were mere inches apart and they could easily feel each others ragged breaths on their faces.