Chapter 17

They all helped clean up in the kitchen before Dara headed into town and left the two women alone. Jisoo had returned to the boathouse to change into her bikini and pack a backpack. When she walked back to the cottage Jennie stood outside on the grass and waited for her.

"Hey..." she said softly.

Jennie turned around and smiled gently.

"Hi..."

"Are you ready?" Jisoo asked softly.

"Yeah." Jennie said and nodded.

"Okay. It takes about 25 minutes to get there so we should get going." Jisoo said.

"Okay." Jennie said back.

Jisoo took the lead and Jennie followed, walking a few steps behind.

They had walked for about 20 minutes and their conversation had been very minimal, both felt pretty awkward around each other and didn't really know how to act. Jisoo was walking a few steps ahead and turned around to check if the raven was still with her every now and then.

"There's an opening in the woods up ahead where we have to go down a slope and then we're almost there." Jisoo explained.

"Okay, it's been quite a walk, you didn't exaggerate that part." Jennie said as she took a sip of water from her water bottle then handled the bottle to Jisoo.

Their fingers brushed slightly when Jisoo took the bottle from Jennie's hand and instantly she felt a tingle all over her body.

"I know but I promise it's worth it." Jisoo said and gave the raven a small smile before she took a few sips of water as well.

She gave the bottle back to Jennie who put it back inside her backpack.

"Ready?" Jisoo asked. Jennie nodded and they continued.

Jisoo had reached the bottom of the slope and Jennie was a few steps behind. Just before she reached the bottom she slipped on a loose rock which made her slide the rest of the way down. It wasn't a hard fall so she didn't hurt herself but she felt a bit embarrassed.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked as she walked over to the raven sitting on the ground.

"Yeah I'm fine, didn't watch where I was going that's all." Jennie said and put her hands down beside her to push herself up.

"Here, let me help you." Jisoo said gently and reached out her hand.

Jennie met her eyes and they just looked at each other for a moment, then the raven slowly lifted her hand and took hold of Jisoo's who helped her to her feet. Slowly releasing Jisoo's hand Jennie thanked the other woman for the help and brushed the dirt of her shorts and legs.

"It's just a little bit further." Jisoo said and started to walk.

Jennie looked at Jisoo's back as the brunette continued walking. Taking a few quick steps she caught up with the woman and walked beside her. Jisoo glanced over her shoulder and smiled when Jennie came up beside her. They walked side by side when suddenly their hands brushed together.

Jisoo felt a jolt run through her body by that brief touch, she wanted nothing more than to reach out and hold her hand but she stopped herself. Jennie felt her heart speed up by that brief touch and when their hands brushed together again she tentatively reached for Jisoo's hand. Jisoo couldn't breathe when she felt Jennie reach for her hand. She dared not look at the raven at that moment, she just slowly closed her fingers around Jennie's hand and continued walking.

A minute later they came to what appeared to be a pretty overgrown part of the forest and Jennie hesitated when Jisoo lead her straight into what appeared to be impenetrable vegetation.

"Are you sure this is the right way?" she asked hesitatingly.

"Yes, it's on the other side. I know it looks like, well, just a bunch of overgrown trees and bushes but there's a narrow path just behind the first trees." Jisoo said and squeezed her hand gently.

"Just trust me..." she said as she slowly intertwined their fingers and looked straight into Jennie's cat eyes.

The raven could only nod and when Jisoo motioned for her to follow, she did. Jisoo lead her through the forest on the narrow path which grew wider as they continued forward. Then the woods opened up and they reached a small secluded beach with large trees growing on either side like a perfect frame.

On one side a large tree was hanging out over the water, obviously the forces of nature had made the tree grow in an abnormal angle and made it resemble a palm tree. The water was beautiful and had a different color than the water by the cottage, Jennie thought it was a bit strange as it was the same lake after all, but nevertheless it was incredibly beautiful.

"God it's beautiful here..." the raven said in awe as her eyes continued to take in the beautiful surroundings.

Jisoo looked at Jennie, she was so beautiful.

"Yeah it is..." she whispered and let her eyes wander over the ravens features.

"So..." Jisoo continued.

Jennie looked at her and felt Jisoo's hand gently holding her own. Thoughts of last night invaded her mind and she was suddenly filled with an enormous amount of guilt for being unfaithful. She'd never ever cheated on Kai or anyone else she'd dated before. She'd actually never thought about cheating either but Jisoo had turned her world upside down and the attraction between them had been too strong.

She knew that it was a lousy excuse but she couldn't explain it any other way. It all started to get too much and she suddenly felt like she couldn't breathe. She dropped Jisoo's hand and walked down to the water's edge.

"Jennie..." Jisoo said softly and watched the other woman drag her hands through her hair.

Jennie knew she'd told Jisoo that they would talk at the beach but she didn't know what to say anymore. The more she thought about the whole situation the more guilty she felt. She turned her head and looked at Jisoo who was still standing in the same spot looking back at her.

God you confuse me Kim Jisoo...

They looked at each other for a moment and Jisoo couldn't read the expression in Jennie's eyes and that started to scare her a little. The raven turned around again and closed her eyes as the guilt was starting to consume her.

I can't do this... I'm engaged and... and I love Kai... I can't do this to him, it's not right... But the way she looks at me...the way she makes me feel... No! Don't go there. It has to be this way... it has to...

"Jennie please..." Jisoo said softly again.

"Talk to me..." the brunette pleaded.

Jennie turned around and faced Jisoo again, she could feel tears start to well up in her eyes.

"I can't do this Jisoo... Last night... I...it was wrong...it shouldn't have happened, I... I love Kai and we're getting married in a couple of months and... and...I can't do this..." she choked.

"What? Jennie can we talk abo-" Jisoo started but the raven interrupted her.

"No! I-I have to go... I h-have to..." Jennie stuttered trying hard to fight back tears as she rushed pass the other woman and ran back through the woods ignoring Jisoo's voice calling after her.

Jennie didn't stop, instead she hurried through the overgrown forest and ran up the slope. She didn't slow down until she reached the main path that lead back to the cottage.