Chapter 37

Jennie didn't say anything to neither Dara nor Jiyong as she returned to the waiting room, she just headed to one of the couches and slumped down, pulling her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Dara watched the other woman and she wanted to go over and comfort her but she also needed to see her daughter so badly.

"Go to Jisoo, I'll go check on her." Jiyong said sensing his fiancée's worry over his daughter.

Dara nodded and walked out of the waiting room. Jiyong turned around and looked at his daughter for a moment. She was sitting on the couch, hugging her legs and just staring into space. She looked so devastated and Jiyong realized then that his daughter's feelings for Jisoo were real.

He slowly made his way over there and as he sat down next to his daughter he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close. Jennie let go of her legs and wrapped her arms around her father and took comfort by his warmth and strength.

"If… if I lose her dad…"

"Shhh… you're not gonna lose her." Jiyong said gently.

"Jisoo is a strong woman, she will fight with everything she have to come back to you." He continued.

They sat in silence for a while. Jennie was exhausted and as she leaned against her father she slowly started to wind down. She could feel how sleep was about to claim her when he father's voice brought her back.

"I never hated you. I could never hate you Jennie."

Jennie just listened to her father who continued to speak.

"You're my daughter and I love you. Nothing will ever change that…" he said and tightened his hold around his daughter.

Jennie closed her eyes again and just let sleep claim her, feeling safe and protected in her father's arms.

Dara returned to the waiting room to find her fiancé and his daughter asleep on the couch. A small smile graced her lips as she watched them. It was so good to see them overcome their differences and now more than ever they all needed positive things happening. She took a seat in one of the armchairs and just watched them for a moment until everything caught up with her as well and she felt how exhausted she was. It didn't take long till she was asleep as well.

Jisoo was having such a weird and frightening dream. She felt as if she was caught in darkness and desperately trying to find her way out of it. She wanted to scream, call for help but she couldn't get a single sound out. It was as if something was in the way, blocking every attempt at making a sound. She just wanted to wake up, she didn't want to be in this dream anymore. She was hurting and she was scared and she wanted Jennie. She knew she was somewhere there in the darkness too cause she'd heard her voice but she couldn't see anything. That thought really frightened her, she had to find her and keep her safe. That was the only thing that mattered to her. She had to try and get out of this darkness so she could find Jennie…

Around lunchtime a nurse came into Jisoo's room to change the IV bag and as she was checking the peripheral cannula on Jisoo's hand she noticed that the woman's fingers were moving so she called for the doctor.

After a lot of tests which all showed that her vital signs were much better than to be expected, they decided to remove the tracheal tube and try to wake her up.

"Excuse me, miss Dara?" a voice gently spoke and woke Dara from her slumber.

She sat up straighter and rubbed her hands over her face to wake herself up more properly.

"Sorry to wake you but I have some good news. Your daughter's vital signs have improved remarkably so the doctors have removed the tracheal tube successfully. She's breathing on her own and the doctors expect her to wake up soon. It looks really good." The nurse said and smiled.