Chapter 31

Dara had watched the interaction between her fiancee and his daughter from a far while she was hanging up the laundry and she had a feeling that Jiyong would not take the news Jennie would tell him particularity good. Not that he had ever said anything disrespectful about Jisoo being gay but finding out that his daughter was in love with another woman and not just any woman, his soon to be wife's daughter... that would come as a shock to anybody.

Looking up towards the pier again she noticed that Jennie was walking away from Jiyong in quite a hurry and that she looked rather upset.

She dropped the piece of clothing she held in her hand and hurried after the young raven.

Jennie never looked back, she just wanted to get away from it all and she really needed Jisoo.

When she reached her car and was about to open the door the sound of someone calling her name stopped her.

"Jennie wait, please!" Dara called out.

Jennie watched Dara approach her and she wiped her eyes, not that it would hide that fact that she'd been crying for most of the conversation with her father.

Dara reached the other woman and instantly saw her swollen eyes and realized that telling Jiyong hadn't gone so well.

"What did he say?" Dara asked.

"That it was insane... that I couldn't possibly be in love with Jisoo cause I've just met her... Basically he told me I was throwing my life away, meaning I should marry Kai cause that is the right thing to do, in his world... He'll never come to terms with this Dara... He'll never accept this..." Jennie said as she started to cry again.

Dara pulled her into her arms and held her tight.

"I'm gonna talk to him sweetie. It's all going to be alright." Dara said reassuringly.

Jennie pulled away and met Dara's eyes.

"I'm not so sure it will Dara..." she said and wiped her eyes again.

"Is there anything I can do?" she asked.

"No... I just need Jisoo right now..." Jennie said and got into her car and took off leaving a cloud of dust behind her.

Dara just stood and watched her leave.

Jennie didn't even know how she managed to drive back into town but somehow she did and when she'd parked her car by the lake park she texted Jisoo that she had returned. She didn't trust her voice to even try and call her.

Jisoo was walking by the water deep in thoughts when her phone beeped. As she read the message she hurried back to the parking lot where they'd decided to met up.

Jennie was trying so hard to keep it together as she sat in her car and waited for Jisoo but as soon as she spotted the brunette coming towards her she completely broke down and got out of the car to fall into Jisoo's arms.

The brunette held the crying woman tight in her arms and they just stood there besides Jennie's car and held each other until the raven woman slowly started to calm down a little.

When Jisoo felt how the raven's body slowly started to relax she pulled back and met her eyes. It killed her to see so much pain in those beautiful dark eyes and she would've done anything to take the pain away.

"I love you Jisoo... I love you so much... Tell me I'm not crazy for loving you?..." Jennie said with a shaky voice.

"You are not crazy for loving me Jennie... of course you're not crazy. These are your feelings, yours. No one else can ever tell you what you should or shouldn't feel." Jisoo said softly, hoping her words could offer the raven some sort of comfort.