Chapter 21

Jennie packed her things together the first thing next morning. Kai was still asleep when she sneaked out of their room to go grab some coffee before she'd leave. When she entered the kitchen Dara's sat by the table. She noticed Jennie's bag and looked at her questioningly.

"Good morning. Are you going somewhere?" Dara asked.

"I'm going home..." Jennie answered.

"Oh..." Dara didn't question the woman. She understood her need to leave.

"What did you say to Kai?" she asked.

"I told him I wasn't feeling okay, that I might be coming down with something. He's gonna stay though. Just for a day or two but hopefully it will give me enough time to figure this out." Jennie explained. Dara nodded.

"Are you leaving right this minute or do you have time for breakfast?" the older woman asked.

Jennie smiled.

"I have time for breakfast."

After breakfast she went back to her and Kai's room to say goodbye to her fiance. When he leaned in to kiss her goodbye she turned her head and the kiss landed on her cheek instead. She told him she would call him later.

Dara had gone outside after breakfast and was sitting in the sun on the front porch. She got up from the chair when the raven stepped outside.

"I'll walk you to your car." she said and smiled.

As they walked to the car Jennie noticed her father down by the lake.

"What is he doing?" she asked Dara.

"He's attempting to fix the old rowboat. Since the fishing trip ended up a fiasco he's determined to fix that old thing up and go out on the lake to try his luck." she explained.

Jennie chuckled and shook her had.

"Typical dad. Well, it should keep him occupied with something at least. You know how he gets if he's too restless." Jennie said.

"Oh don't I know it. I think that boat is beyond saving but I don't have the heart to tell him and as you said, it keeps him busy so I'll let him be." Dara said and smiled.

Jennie put her bag in the backseat and turned towards Dara when she closed the door. The older woman pulled her in for a hug.

"I know you're confused and that you don't want to hurt anybody but whatever you decide to do, do it because it will make you happy. Not anyone else. Promise me that okay?" Dara whispered.

"I'll try... Thank you for everything Dara." the raven said and hugged the older woman a little tighter before she pulled back and smiled.

"Anytime sweetie, anytime..." Dara said. She opened the door and Jennie got in.

"Take care of yourself now you hear?"

"I will. Please tell dad that I wasn't feeling good and went back home. I can't face him, he'll know I'm hiding something." Jennie pleaded.

"I'll tell him. Drive safely."

Jennie smiled then pulled out of the driveway and down the old dirt road. She felt like she could breathe for the first time since Kai got back yesterday. She hated lying to him but she had no idea how she ever would be able to tell him about what happened between her and Jisoo. He would be devastated, that much she knew and she really didn't want to hurt him.

Then her thoughts wandered to Jisoo and just thinking about her made her whole body tingle and she could actually feel butterflies dancing around in her stomach. She remembered how Jisoo touched her and kissed her and how wonderful it had been. Could she really ignore those feelings and just settle with what she had? Could she marry Kai and spend the rest of her life with him? And if she did, would she be filled with regret every time she saw Jisoo again? Regret for not giving her a chance? Giving them a chance? Could she live with that?

No... no...I can't live with that.

At that moment she made a decision.

When she saw the big sign saying Seoul and the distance, printed in large white letters she didn't hesitate.

The closer she got to the big city the more she questioned her own sanity. Had she even thought this through? No she hadn't and she didn't even know where Jisoo lived. Seoul isn't exactly a small town, how in the hell would she find the woman? She picked up her phone and scrolled down her phone book until she found the number she was looking for. Putting the device against her ear she waited nervously until finally there was a voice answering on the other side of the line.

"Hello?"

"Dara, it's Jennie. Are you alone?" Jennie asked nervously.

"Jennie? Yes, I'm alone. Believe it or not, Jiyong fixed the boat so he and Kai has been out fishing the entire afternoon. They came back a while ago with a 4 lb bass which they are now preparing for dinner." Dara said then added:

"Are you okay?"

"Uhm... I don't know what I'm doing... I'm a few miles outside of Seoul and before you ask, no I haven't thought this through but I have to see her..." Jennie answered.

Dara smiled on the other side of the line, she didn't want to say anything to the raven when they talked earlier but she could see in Jennie's eyes what she felt for her daughter.

"I see... well, I'd be lying if I say I didn't see this coming, but are you really sure about this? I think you need to be really sure Jennie cause I don't think Jisoo could take another rejection from you. Now I don't know what happened exactly between you two but I think I have a pretty good guess and though I want you to hear this from Jisoo I have to tell you this; her feelings for you are very strong. I know you feel something for her too but I just don't want to see her get hurt, or you too for that matter. So just... are you sure about what you're doing?" Dara said.

Jennie had listened intently to what Dara had been saying.

"No I'm not, my head is spinning and my mouth feel dry and I have no idea what to tell her but I know my feelings for her are very strong as well. I don't even know if she wants to see me but I have to talk to her... I just have to see her...Please Dara, can you text me her address? Please?" Jennie pleaded.

"Okay. I'll send you her address. Good luck." Dara said.

"Thank you!" Jennie said and hung up.

Dara really hoped they would work things out but couldn't help but feel a little worried about how their 'reunion' would go. Her daughter deserved happiness and she knew that Jennie could make her happy. She only hoped that the raven had sorted herself out enough to know what she really want.

It was almost dark by the time Jennie parked her car outside Jisoo's condo. She was so nervous but she had to see her, she had to know... Before she got out of the car she called Kai.

"Hey babe! Are you feeling any better?" Kai asked concerned.

She hated lying to him.

"A little, I just wanted to call you to say I made it back okay. I'm gonna go rest now, I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay, you just rest and we'll talk more tomorrow. I love you." Kai said.

"Me too, bye." She couldn't even tell him those three words back and she leaned her head against the steering wheel and took a couple of deep breaths before she got out of her car and slowly walked over to Jisoo's building. Dara had sent her the door code too so she entered the four numbers and stepped inside the large foyer.

It was quite an impressive building. She walked over to the board and saw Jisoo's name and apartment number. She lived on the fifth floor so Jennie walked over to the elevators and once inside, pressed 5. When the door closed her heart started to beat faster than ever before. Was she really ready for this?

As ready as I'll ever be...

She stood outside Jisoo's door for a good ten minutes at least. She had raised her hand several times but just as she was about to knock she couldn't do it.

God just do it already! You've been outside her door for ten fucking minutes and all you really want is to be inside that door so just knock on the damn door!

She took a deep breath and then knocked on the door very gently.