Chapter 2:

As you leave the hospital, you check your book bag. There was your phone, a gronalo bar, and a stuffed bear your brother had bought you when you were first admitted to the hospital.

Sighing you took out your phone and zipped your back bag. You turned your phone on and checked the battery. It read 75% charged.

Debating on who to text about your release you began scrolling through your phone. You came across your brother's name first. So you decided to text him. Hoping that his number didn't change.

To: neglectful Ni-san
From: sis

Released.

Knowing you guys haven't talked in 3 years you were ready to confront him. You knew he wasn't going to text you, so you sighed & turned off your phone.

Throwing it in your bag, you rushed home in a hurry. You lived 15 minutes from the hospital. Which wasn't bad in your opinion

Finally!You whined out of breath. Your legs gave out as you fell in front of your house. Maybe running was a bad idea.You had mumbled.

Catching your breath, you looked back at the house & got up. Here goes nothing!!You entered your house.

Turning the knob, you realize it's locked. Great! Way to go Nana!!You mumble sarcastically. You let go of the knob & began knocking.

A middle-aged woman came to the door. Yes?She asked confused. Hi?  Nana? Oh my!! Why are you here? Aren't, you supposed to be in the hospital? You didn't run away, did you? Why didn't you text me!!?  I-"

Mom stop!! Your nagging. I didn't run away I was released. May I come in now??Of course, you can darling!!She ushers you in.

You walk in looking at the house. It wasn't a big house. But you notice a lot of changes. After all, you haven't been home since you were admitted to the hospital.

There's cake in the fridge if you're hungry. No thanks mom, I just had lunch. Turning around you see your mother's concerned face.

Don't worry I was released. I do need daily check-ups but that is all. Smiling she relaxes. I'm glad to hear. I wish you told me sooner. I would feel better knowing asap.

I'm sorry! I wanted to surprise you. So how are dad & Ni-san? Is it just us home? Your dad is at work, and your brother is at basketball practice.

disappointed you pout. Now, now! Why don't you get settled?? I'll give you a tour of the house. After all, you haven't been here for a while!

Hai. You mumbled following behind her.